Yeti GOBOX Collection

Helping out a friend

oleefish2

My fishing buddy and friend at the young age of 81 drew a Wyoming cow moose tag. He asked me to help him and off we went to area 4 to chase a cow moose. We had a wonderful morning with no wind and we headed to a spot I had located moose before. First thing we find a cow walking down the trail we are on all alone. He gets excited but I tell him we have to look to see if there is a calf. He can only get a cow without a calf. About then I see some movement to my left and yes she has a calf. We do a lot of glassing and find a lone cow but my friend does not get around very good anymore and she is just not a good what he can get to. So we cover lots of ground and dew lots of glassing but no moose. So just before dark I take him to another spot and I locate a small bull, with looks like a calf. I am thinking a bull and calf not. So I continue to glass and there's another moose a cow, and we are running out of light. Then I see movement to the left and another moose appears, another cow. She comes up out of the creek and stand next to the bull and the calf moves next to her. The other cow steps up on the bank and she is smaller than the other cow. Note we had put his 300 Weatherby in the gun case an he was getting it out and shells in it. I tell him she is the one farthest the right standing along. The shot is about 125 yards and he center punches her through the lungs. She takes about 3 steps and tell him punch one through her head and 2 seconds later the gun booms and her head jumps and over she goes. I get to wade the creek and get rope on her so we can drag her to a good spot to dresser her out. Things went well, the shot was at 6:37 pm and by 8: 35 she was hung up in a friends shop.ge.

We took this picture the next morning before we loaded up and headed for home. My buddy is one of the best walleye fisherman I will ever know and has taught me so much and this little jester of help is a small percentage of what he has done for me.

Nice assist oleefish2!

You might want to visit with your friend about his belt/suspenders choices. I don't think that his belt is doing him any good at all.;)

Glad to see your buddy filled his tag and very nice of you to be there to help.

Good for both of you, congratulations.
That's a lot of tasty meat.
I hope he has a big freezer.

Yes yum she is a 2 year old cow and should be as good as it gets. The belt he just does that?????

the creek and get rope on her so we can drag her to a good spot to dresser her out. Things went well, the shot was at 6:37 pm and by 8: 35 she was hung up in a friends shop.

I'd say!

Looks like a fun hunt, lots of good eats for your crew this winter.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back