Heading West

If you are locked in on bulls, it is one thing, but if you just want to hunt elk, think about cows and save some money. If you want a quality bull for your money, you are better off putting in for a bull, or just a preference point as first choice for a few years and gathering preference points. Put in for a cow as a second choice and GO HUNTING. Check the areas north of Hayden, Colorado and see if they still have left-over permits. I have not been there in a few years, but I can put you on them. I know a good bull area and have good locks on them, but it takes five preference points to draw.

As far as I am concerned, I have not seen too many otc bulls that I would spend $500 on, although, some people do find them.

When you make your decision, I will help you all that can if it is somewhere that I am familiar with. Just pm me when you make your decision.

sh
p.s.
Thanks for the offer on the turkeys, but I have so many right here around my house that I just prefer to watch them anymore and don't even hunt them. We have them strutting in the yard during bow season!

Last edited:
BTW Hopper, if you ever want to chase some turkeys in Virginia give me a yell. I know areas down there in which I can have you on a bird the first 30 minutes of the morning. Steep ground but it will be nothing compared to the Rockys. LOL

There are no turkeys in Virginia and it's all flat over here! LOL Buchanan Co. maybe? :rolleyes: Elk hunting will be about like that steep turkey country with no oxygen in the air to breath is my experience......

LOL thats what I am thinking brown. And when I want to go to the top to cut something off it isnt going to be as quick and easy as the Appalachians. LOL Loved chasing the birds when I lived there though. Feeling the woods tremble when the big gobbler just out of sight would cut loose. Lot of fun. Going to have to take me a trip down to visit some family and do some fall hunting for a few perhaps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back