Harvest time

Looks like a hell of a day. Farm country whitetail is far and away my favorite game meat, tons of good eating there.
Congrats to Troy, that's a really great buck, especially for a B-tag filling trip.

There's nothing better than filling the freezer for the winter. The three of you had a busy day! Troy's buck is a stud! Way to go!

Firstly, I think including some doe/cow hunts as part of the buck/bull episodes is a very good idea. Many DIYer's do exactly that and I'd hazard a guess that more of them fill their tags with does/cows.

Secondly, if that landowner ever needs more help thinning out the whitetails I can usually be on the road within 6 hours! :D

Nice. We have a 5 river bottom tag setup for does in the Missoula area. Archery only.
The Deer B tag has found its end apparently... a bummer for me as I usually get two with rifle and try and get 1 or 2 if lucky with the bow before calling it an end to hunting. We really enjoy good feedin WT's. Great freezer meat. ESPECIALLY for a year where the ELK eluded me. :(

With respect to the show and doing a harvest hunt for antlerless - I think it might be a good quick clip of having one with an antlerless tag along for the ride. If it is filled - give a quick glib about such and the importance of such - and maybe at the end a quick clip of the bull and cow pulled - how it helps our elk population... etc.

Same could be done with the WT's. A quick glib over the efforts of doe hits and the reasoning behind it.

It simply brings to home the realistic true valued sportsman approach in pride for our activity. I would find value and would hope to learn a bit of the core behind it btw - vs simply knowing, it helps... so maybe do a quick interview with a wildlife biologist. My two coppers. HOWEVER keep the main emphasis on the true grit and desire for the horns... :D

I just knew Loren would be an awesome hunter! Congrats to Troy for finally getting to enjoy some shooting!

Wow!! That is a great hunt a busy day. Congratulations to all of you. That looks like an absolute blast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back