MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Harleys Buck

MarvB

I'll let Ken drive on the narrative...here's your pics bruddah!

A07Buck.jpg

AHPIM0530.jpg

Marv, you're a hell of an IT, thanks.

Been a heckuva slow season here til last friday. This guy was 140 yards back in the mesquite & waist high broomweed about to bolt after two does right at 7 a.m. He was only giving up a quartering view of his neck & about 4 inches of shoulder but there was no mistaking that he was a shooter. Took him with a 140 grain AB... 270 WSM... to the base of the neck thru the spine. Field dressed around 150, large for our area. Between 4 1/2-5 1/2 years old.

First decent buck I've seen. We, like most of you, have had unusually mild temps this season.

The rut is in full swing here...saw quite a few big racks at the taxi this morning. Having this buck euro'd.

WTG! Ken, Thats a real nice Buck and I look forward to seeing the Euro. Being that the Dollar is so weak do you think thats a good idea? John;)

Ken:

Great buck. My friend calls that an ADED buck. All Day, Every Day.

Anyone would shoot that one.

Congrats!

Thanks all...

Schmalts, the passenger side G3 was the first thing that caught my eye in the early light...that and the 26" main on the same side...almost reaching his nose. The mind's rote recall of a big mature whitey is indelible IMO.

Big Fin...me too, any day.

D-Stud, the taxi wouldn't take a euro or peso check...USD$ only.

Gunner, it was 29 degrees with a foggy mist & slight northerly wind blowing from the buck towards me...perfect.

Muleyslr, I like the euro mount, have several walled about this size...they look good clustered & don't take up much room. Now if I ever get a book critter, that's a different story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back