Gutless method on OYOA YouTube channel

What a great instructional video. I have been waiting to see this ever since you first mentioned it on this site quite some time ago. I am new to hunting and want to learn as much as I can. this video falls under the top one I have seen. your explanation is simple to follow. thanks for all you do for hunters, seasoned as well as beginners. You are truly blessed.

I have seen a few other videos on this, but Randy explains things the best. One thing I appreciate is that he doesn't turn his shows and videos into a giant commercial. Too many TV guys and gals ram their sponsors down your throat so much that you choke on it and don't even want their products in the end. Yes, Randy could have said, "well, we shot this deer while hunting in our Brand A clothing with Scent control B and Rifle C, and Bullet D, notice the knockdown power, and now we will skin it with knife E, and put it in game bag F, then load it in pack G while we have an energy shot H, then we will haul it back to our Truck brand I, where we will drive to the nearest Dairy Queen for a tasty treat for the drive home", but he didn't and I appreciate that ! :)
Good Work Randy!

That's really a testament to both Randy and the sponsors. A lot of sponsors want their name mentioned x number of times per segment and/or a lot of production companies cannot figure out an organic way to integrate those sponsors without hamfisting it. A whole lot of outdoor tv shows are just a vehicle to sell products - there's nothing unique about the tree stand sitting over the corn flinger waiting on a whitetail or turkey that has never been off a ranch - except for which goods they're trying to push.

Obviously, OYOA/Fresh Tracks is pushing a different agenda - that of the DIY hunt for the everyman - and the sponsors are woven into the fabric of the show so you can notice them without being struck in the face by them.

Great video. I have been doing the gutless the last two years on just about every big game animal I take. It makes the pack out easier and leaves me much less to deal with and dispose of when I get back home to process it. That makes the wife happy too. I learned several things I will do to improve on my efforts from this video. Thanks!

Thats a great video. Thanks Randy. I hope to give this a try this year. I like to get away from the rest of the people on public land. Last years deer was just over a mile and a half drag back to the truck. I got that Havalon knife this year too. Watching this video (and others) gots me thinking it will be a good knife.

Very informative. I would like to see all of the details that were left out to keep the running time down. More details on how to get the tenderloins out would be good. It is hard to see everything and probably just a fact of life trying to show something on a video vs actually doing it in the field. I'll have to watch it a few more times.

Excellent video. I've emailed it to my older friends and I'm going to share it on FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back