Yeti GOBOX Collection

Guidance after failed opening weekend-dist 300.....Need a Plan B

MT_Fin

I was hoping someone familiar with Antelope District 300 might be able to shoot me a pm and help me out a little? I've hunted part of the unit on and off since I was a kid, it's been a few years but drew a Doe/Fawn tag this year and my little boy and I went down this weekend. We saw only 1 doe on public ground and it was a long ways off and someone shot its jaw off so it was extremely skittish (was hoping to put it out of its misery) and we didn't even see many on private land on the Grant MT side.

We then tried on the interstate side, guided by onxmaps as to what was public but by then it was mid-day yesterday and people were already at every place we tried. I'm guessing the numbers are still down quite a bit, and the rest of the unit is totally foreign to me.

So if anyone would be willing to help me out with somewhere promising to try next weekend to find a doe I would be eternally grateful. I would really like to put an antelope in the freezer (one of my favorites) and would really like to be successful with my 6 year old son along. He was pretty bummed after we hunted this last weekend and didn't see anything else on public.

Thanks for your time, and thanks in advance of you can help me and the boy out.

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back