Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Grousin'

mtmiller

Spent the night in the blind. Light was not very good, so fight pics didn't turn out very well. Here are a few run of the mill poses.

30_zps66d12b34.jpg

68_zps088965b1.jpg

26_zpsbf5cdacb.jpg

83_zps7ea633e4.jpg

Awesome pics - as usual. Great video as well - Thanks for sharing.

Always nice to change my desktop background pic. :) You should look into producing a calendar fitting bird activity for that season/month. Bird watchers would eat it up!

Heck I would even be interested knowing the pics are from a fellow HT'er.

Some of my favorite pics of the year. I love the spring, when Miller starts posting these pics. Thanks for your time in the field and sharing these with us.

Miller, your photos are awesome! I don't know that I would have the dedication to sit in a blind all night for photos. Thanks for sharing them!

I guess ski season is over. Miller is posting pictures of grouse, and DAMN they're great, as always.

Spent the night in the blind. Light was not very good, so fight pics didn't turn out very well. Here are a few run of the mill poses.

Sure rub it in to all of us wannabe photographers.:rolleyes:
Maybe someday my moment of greatness behind the lens will cross paths with your run of the mill. Seriously, thanks for sharing those photos, I always look forward to your photos.

Friggin awesome. I really like the last photo in post #6, looks like the one bird is about to be slapped in the head!

These lek photos of yours get better every year. Thanks for posting.

Are you out there just for fun or is this part of an annual count? I volunteered in E Oregon a couple years ago to count sage grouse but a blizzard rolled in the weekend I was out there and although I saw quite a few birds I couldn't get any decent photos. I'd like to go again and take one of the kids but seems we are always too busy this time of year.

These lek photos of yours get better every year. Thanks for posting.

Are you out there just for fun or is this part of an annual count? I volunteered in E Oregon a couple years ago to count sage grouse but a blizzard rolled in the weekend I was out there and although I saw quite a few birds I couldn't get any decent photos. I'd like to go again and take one of the kids but seems we are always too busy this time of year.

Annual counts during April when I can get out of the office. Weekends are free and just something fun to do and hopefully become a better photographer.

During the week, I fill out a quick data sheet and haul for the next lek. I enjoy watching the show a little closer on the weekend. Hopefully that doesn't make me sound like a sicko with a camera.:hump:
65_zps65a047d0.jpg

Very nice and it makes me hate being here a bit more every year. Watching grouse on a lek is good times.

Great pics!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back