Caribou Gear

Griz & Antelope

What Map

I picked up a non-resident left over doe antelope permit near my brother's place south of Cody. The season for this permit started August 15, but I could not make it down until the first weekend in September. My nephew showed up too with a cow elk permit. Saturday morning, my brother, my nephew and I went scouting on the neighbor's ranch. Last year we saw the tracks, this year we saw the grizzly bear. We got within a hundred yards and fortunately it ran away from us. I did not get very clear pictures but this is the best one:

100_1491.jpg

This picture shows how far from the mountains this griz has traveled:

100_1496.jpg

Here is a picture of my antelope and my brother. I could not get close the her and had to take a 350 yard shot. One and done with a solid rest.

100_1504.jpg

Here is a pic of a nice Wyoming muley:

100_1499.jpg

Nice work...i guess that bear might be just occupying his natural range before the land got colonised, would it be a youngish boar trying to find some dirt of his own? Neat seeing them in that country.

That is a Spoon and Crockpot trophy doe. Doe antelope are great eating. I have seen pics on tv shows where grizzlies were way out on the Alberta prairies also. They originally were on the prairie and I guess that guy decided it was time to start putting things back the way they were.

That is a Spoon and Crockpot trophy doe. Doe antelope are great eating. I have seen pics on tv shows where grizzlies were way out on the Alberta prairies also. They originally were on the prairie and I guess that guy decided it was time to start putting things back the way they were.

We have quite a few Grizzlies living on the prairies now. One of the first bears to take up full time residence on the flatland was a boar that lived within spitting distance of the Coutts/Sweetgrass border crossing, 80 miles east of the big rocks....

This gang of four live 50 miles from the mountains.

And our southern foothills are being overrun with the "Endangered" G Bear. Check out these vids from a foothills rancher's farmyard, SEVEN Griz in frame at one time, eleven different bears in one night.....

alberta grizzly herd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In-qGZK9JSQ

alberta grizzly herd 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqebWXczrYw

Attachments

• li-grizzly-bears-alberta.jpg
    li-grizzly-bears-alberta.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 254
That is absolutely awesome video! Thanks for posting those. It makes me think back to when I was growing up on a Nebraska ranch and checking cattle in the middle of the night during calving. That would put a whole different twist on nighttime activities. Every time you went out would warrant carrying the shotgun or guide gun.

In that video, they were acting just like a family of coons would act around here.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back