Grayboe stocks?

huntin24/7

I’m looking at getting a new stock for my rem 700 257 wby. I like the grayboe stock my new 700 AWR came in, but I’ve never actually replaced a stock. The grayboe outlander is in my price range. For those who’ve replaced stocks with a grayboe, was it pretty much a drop in deal with minimal work needed to make it fit? Do you wish you’d gone with another option or happy with the grayboe?

Yes--very minimal. Just like with any aftermarket stock, bedding it would be ideal, but in my experience, it's a drop-in fit. I like their stocks a lot.

I just put my 700 .25-06 in an Outlander. Installation was a breeze. The barrel channel seems maybe a bit larger than other stocks (bigger gap around barrel) but I'd rather have that than contact. No noticeable benefit to accuracy, but definitely didn't hurt the accuracy. It's a really nice stock and I might get another for my Bergara. Dropped 4-5 ounces from the total weight of the gun too. I way prefer this stock over the Bell and Carlson stocks I've used, although some really love those stocks. For the price, I don't think you can do much better.

Should be mostly a drop in and bolt everything up. Be sure to check magazine box for clearance. On many stocks the bottom metal inlets vary and the bottom metal can cause the magazine box to bind/pinch. This is also very common from the factory also on M700.

I hadn't looked at those stocks before. I'm super intrigued... especially with the 20% black friday coupon.

I hadn't looked at those stocks before. I'm super intrigued... especially with the 20% black friday coupon.
Oo is that coupon the one listed on their website for 20% orders over $499 or is there another one? That could push me over the edge for another Outlander...

Oo is that coupon the one listed on their website for 20% orders over $499 or is there another one? That could push me over the edge for another Outlander...
I guess I misread that? I thought it was free shipping on orders over $499.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back