Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

GPS recommendations

I use my Samsung Galaxy 5S with BCN and Locus maps. I have my GPS, Phone, and camera covered all in one unit.

Anyone elses Oregon 600 go through batteries like it is a crack addict? I can't figure out if I have something set up wrong. I hardly make it through a day on a set of batteries.

Are you using Lithiums?

My Etrex goes through the alkaline batteries in a few short hours. Lithiums last easily all day.

I usually use the lithium batteries. I may have had too high of expectations, is it normal for lithiums to last 1-2 days on a GPS?

I can get about 2 days from my eTrex 20 on regular old alkaline batteries. I keep the screen brightness all the way down during the day and really don't use it to navigate much, more just tracking progress.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Backcountry Navigator and hunting map package.

I will never carry a dedicated GPS again. The phone is lighter, has a nicer screen, and performs other functions as well as GPS.

I just got back from our 7 day hunt and I changed the batteries once in my 62s, I also use the lithium's batteries and the unit is turned on the moment I leave camp till the moment I return to camp that evening.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back