NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Got one!

Just tanned for now. I would love a rug but my taxidermy bill is quickly outgrowing my funds. LOL. It's been a good year for us. I'll take them when i can get them. A fish from out honeymoon, 1 bear, 2 book antelope, and now a wolf. My Taxidermist is AWESOME! He works with us on payments for things and as long as it's paid for before it leaves the shop he'll work with you. However I don't want to push his good graces to far.

Great job on the wolf! Your observation about them flattening out is correct. I am not sure that they will do it as a defensive measure, but on multiple occasions I have observed a wolf crouch FLAT just like a cat when prey was approaching. They will wait until the last minute then make a quick rush. Crazy behavior but it absolutely is a predatory technique that they will utilize. Good luck with the winter trapping.

Wow, that's a beautiful looking wolf. Great coloration.

Great job on the wolf! Your observation about them flattening out is correct. I am not sure that they will do it as a defensive measure, but on multiple occasions I have observed a wolf crouch FLAT just like a cat when prey was approaching. They will wait until the last minute then make a quick rush. Crazy behavior but it absolutely is a predatory technique that they will utilize. Good luck with the winter trapping.

That may be something for everyone to keep in mind while hunting them. Now I wonder if the areas I've heard wolves and hunting into but not seen anything were still occupied by wolves but they went to ground and I couldn't see them. I might have to start watching the ground closer.

Last edited:
Nice job and Thanks!

I always purchase a wolf license . . . . just in case I come across one while out elk hunting. I am always hopeful that someday I will get an opportunity.

What gun/caliber and bullet did you use? Just curious.

Nice job and Thanks!

I always purchase a wolf license . . . . just in case I come across one while out elk hunting. I am always hopeful that someday I will get an opportunity.

What gun/caliber and bullet did you use? Just curious.

Remington Sendero in 300 Ultra mag. I set it up for long shots. 210 Berger did not exit the wolf. Granted I shot her lengthwise just over the hip to get to the vitals. She was dead before she hit the ground.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back