PEAX Equipment

Got one!

Just tanned for now. I would love a rug but my taxidermy bill is quickly outgrowing my funds. LOL. It's been a good year for us. I'll take them when i can get them. A fish from out honeymoon, 1 bear, 2 book antelope, and now a wolf. My Taxidermist is AWESOME! He works with us on payments for things and as long as it's paid for before it leaves the shop he'll work with you. However I don't want to push his good graces to far.

Great job on the wolf! Your observation about them flattening out is correct. I am not sure that they will do it as a defensive measure, but on multiple occasions I have observed a wolf crouch FLAT just like a cat when prey was approaching. They will wait until the last minute then make a quick rush. Crazy behavior but it absolutely is a predatory technique that they will utilize. Good luck with the winter trapping.

Wow, that's a beautiful looking wolf. Great coloration.

Great job on the wolf! Your observation about them flattening out is correct. I am not sure that they will do it as a defensive measure, but on multiple occasions I have observed a wolf crouch FLAT just like a cat when prey was approaching. They will wait until the last minute then make a quick rush. Crazy behavior but it absolutely is a predatory technique that they will utilize. Good luck with the winter trapping.

That may be something for everyone to keep in mind while hunting them. Now I wonder if the areas I've heard wolves and hunting into but not seen anything were still occupied by wolves but they went to ground and I couldn't see them. I might have to start watching the ground closer.

Last edited:
Nice job and Thanks!

I always purchase a wolf license . . . . just in case I come across one while out elk hunting. I am always hopeful that someday I will get an opportunity.

What gun/caliber and bullet did you use? Just curious.

Nice job and Thanks!

I always purchase a wolf license . . . . just in case I come across one while out elk hunting. I am always hopeful that someday I will get an opportunity.

What gun/caliber and bullet did you use? Just curious.

Remington Sendero in 300 Ultra mag. I set it up for long shots. 210 Berger did not exit the wolf. Granted I shot her lengthwise just over the hip to get to the vitals. She was dead before she hit the ground.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back