Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Looks like there’s a lot more in there than just a point change??? Or am I reading that wrong

This amendment would definitely decrease the amount of unlimited hunters. With 0 points and having drawn a limited tag, I don’t have strong feelings about this, but I think I would support it.

However, there may be a bit of selfish interest at play on my part since I only plan to hunt unlimited if I decide to sheep hunt again when I am eligible in 6 years.

This amendment would definitely decrease the amount of unlimited hunters. With 0 points and having drawn a limited tag, I don’t have strong feelings about this, but I think I would support it.

However, there may be a bit of selfish interest at play on my part since I only plan to hunt unlimited if I decide to sheep hunt again when I am eligible in 6 years.
Yeah because this is a bigger problem than guys like you getting to shoot two bighorn rams in Montana. Gtfoh

My question is… if the absolute bare minimum, basic thing won’t be enforced, which is that a ram has to have a legal curl to be killed, why worry about changing anything else?
If I don’t have to kill a 3/4 ram, why do I have to pay attention to the quota, if the ram is in the unit, or anything else.
I’m not interested in changing much until FWP starts enforcing the basics of what exists.

I also don’t see there as being major problems in the unlimiteds beyond what I mentioned above with enforcement.

I rarely ever see another hunter except along the trail on the way out. Lace ‘em up tighter if it feels crowded.
You can’t go to Boulder Pass, Mystic Lake or the pavement of the Beartooth highway and then be frustrated that there are other hunters.

Last edited:
My question is… if the absolute bare minimum, basic thing won’t be enforced, which is that a ram has to have a legal curl to be killed, why worry about changing anything else?
If I don’t have to kill a 3/4 ram, why do I have to pay attention to the quota, if the ram is in the unit, or anything else.
I’m not interested in changing much until FWP starts enforcing the basics of what exists.
I stumbled across the harvest data for an unlimited unit recently and where it was posted they had killed a ram was about 99% not where it was killed IMO. Can’t believe FWP just glosses over those things but after reading all the posts they likely do just that.

I also don’t see there as being major problems in the unlimiteds beyond what I mentioned above with enforcement.

I’ve been on 3 successful hunts in 4 years and rarely ever see another hunter except along the trail on the way out. Lace ‘em up tighter if it feels crowded.
You can’t go to Boulder Pass, Mystic Lake or the pavement of the Beartooth highway and then be frustrated that there are other hunters.
100%

With the way things have been going in a couple of the districts these past couple seasons, I'm not so sure I wouldn't be in favor of an every other year opportunity. That said it would magnify the competition in the other 3 districts probably 3 fold.

If people are gonna continuously pop 4 year old rams off the roads then it's only a matter of time until the crackdown will come. When it does it'll probably avalanche into other things. Which ultimately will encompass all 5 districts.

There's solutions out there. Pretty simple ones too. Maybe it's time to explore extra options for the uls or maybe It's just up to the agency to keep it consistent with what they've written.

Tabor is still a douche.

Bitching on the internet is great and all, but who is going to show up for the meeting and voice your concerns?
I am. They are going to have to listen to me. I’m fed up with them making changes that don’t actually address the issues. I’m certain Tabor likely has never participated. He is another moron that thinks he knows a lot more than he does.

100%

With the way things have been going in a couple of the districts these past couple seasons, I'm not so sure I wouldn't be in favor of an every other year opportunity. That said it would magnify the competition in the other 3 districts probably 3 fold.

If people are gonna continuously pop 4 year old rams off the roads then it's only a matter of time until the crackdown will come. When it does it'll probably avalanche into other things. Which ultimately will encompass all 5 districts.

There's solutions out there. Pretty simple ones too. Maybe it's time to explore extra options for the uls or maybe It's just up to the agency to keep it consistent with what they've written.

Tabor is still a douche.
If the issue is crowding that we are trying address, I prefer other ways to address this without going the every other year route. All otc opportunities have been getting flooded with nr. This year I didn’t run into a single other resident sheep hunting. Going every other year is just going to prolong the inevitable. NR caps will be needed at some point. Now figuring out that sweet spot for the cap is the work. I’m not suggesting setting it very low as $1200/nr for a super long shot opp is good money/resource ratio

This is a copy/paste from someone that looked at long term numbers. Again, you have to take it with a bit of a grain of salt because it’s hard to make sure you’re getting the right number from FWP due to how tags are sold and counted but;

In the last 10 years (2022), there have been 20 rams harvested, exact quota of 2 per year. Included in this are 6 confirmed migratory rams, so harvest is actually 30% under quota for the managed herd(rosebud herd), what is what the quota is set for.

While tag sales are up drastically to a record 130 in 2022, only 44% of sales hunted, 57 hunters. Only 12% higher than long term average. There were 61 in 2001, 66 in 2002, 60 in 2010.

If we want to get more units to hunt, guys have to quit complaining the system is broken. “

I think the last sentence is important. There are two areas in Montana that some of us are trying to get opened as UL. This will spread people out. We can’t say the system is broken while trying to expand that system. I think we need to push FWP to be accountable and run the system the way it is meant to be while making small improvements to adjust to modern times, such as the ability to cut unit closure times in half.

I am. They are going to have to listen to me. I’m fed up with them making changes that don’t actually address the issues. I’m certain Tabor likely has never participated. He is another moron that thinks he knows a lot more than he does.
Awesome!

Be polite, be professional, and be firm. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back