MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good country for an old man

Good job and thanks for the pics.
I have that same tent from Cabela's. Love the thing.

Good job and thanks for the pics.
I have that same tent from Cabela's. Love the thing.

I was noticing it too & looking since my old Gander Mtn got a broken pole/rod. Seems like a guy could have it up solo easy & not duck so far...my back pack tent is just too small for truck camping.

That is awesome sir. I hope to be out and after it like that when I'm in my sixties. Thanks for the inspiration. Guess I should lay off the Halloween candy...

Thanks for the good words. The great hunters on this forum inspire me to keep going and do the best I can in all aspects of the hunt. Not to mention the generous help and confidence boost I've been given by guys that answer my questions.
About the tent, I really like it. I bought it in 2012 for an elk hunt in the Sierra Madre's that a Wyoming Hunttalker pointed me in the right direction on. This trip it went through 2 nights of rain and wind up to 25 with no problem. The only drawback is there are a lot of guy lines to stake down. Other than that it goes up easy. Mine is 10x10.

Congrats on a great hunt! What is the name of your hitch meat hanger?? That thing is awesome, and I must have one

It's a Monarch. The winch had an auto brake that would let you raise and lower the load but it broke after a season. I see some models have a catch up top that keeps the gambrel from swinging. That would be handy.

Those hitch hoists are very handy! I have a homemade one that could probably lift a trucks front end! Handy, but HEAVY. My neighbor and I are hoping to make a take down one out of aluminum that should be more than sufficient for deer/pronghorn. Way it's drawn up now, no piece would be longer than 30" and the whole thing would fit in a duffle bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back