MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

GoHunt Insider - Bad at Math

Ttannahill14

Forgive me for being new to gohunt's program, should get it figured out pretty quick. I'm looking at Wyoming odds on my "Insider" access on go hunt.

I type in my preference points which is 0, and then set it to 100% draw odd, non resident.

It brings up a handful of units which qualify under the , it says "<1 point=100% draw, 0 point=20%draw"...

How can it be that anything less than one point has 100% draw yet if you have zero you have a 20% draw. You can't get a 1/2 point (can you)?

How come when I'm putting in 100% draw, 0 points in to my filters... that it's giving me units that aren't 100% draw.

That would be a party app, where the group average was 0.5, 0.67, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, in Wyoming if you apply with someone else you can end up with 1/2 a point.

i.e. 2 guys apply in a party app. One guy has 1 point and the other has 0 points. The system will look at them together as having .5 points.

How come when I'm putting in 100% draw, 0 points in to my filters... that it's giving me units that aren't 100% draw.

Probably type 2 tags are 100% but the type 1 tags have lesser odds I've seen that with several different antelope units

Probably type 2 tags are 100% but the type 1 tags have lesser odds I've seen that with several different antelope units

That has nothing to do with his question because the two types are in completely separate draws and would obviously have different odds. As was stated earlier, Wyoming allows up to a party of six to apply together and their point total is added up, divided by the number in the party, and that average is where they are entered in the draw with one chance at either all getting or none getting a tag. Therefore, there may be one of more parties that have <1PP and they draw a tag while those with 0PPs may or may not draw a tag depending on if there were any tags left when it got to the OPP pool. I have no idea as to the second question since I only use the G&F website stats and have no idea how that gohunt site works, but I would think if you put in what you stated that it shouldn't show anything other than units that have 100% draw with no PPs.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with his question because the two types are in completely separate draws and would obviously have different odds. As was stated earlier, Wyoming allows up to a party of six to apply together and their point total is added up, divided by the number in the party, and that average is where they are entered in the draw with one chance at either all getting or none getting a tag. Therefore, there may be one of more parties that have <1PP and they draw a tag while those with 0PPs may or may not draw tag depending on if there were any tags left when it got to the OPP pool. I have no idea as to his second question since I only use the G&F website stats and have no idea how that gohunt site works, but I would think if you put in what you stated that it shouldn't show anything other than unit that have 100% draw with no PPs.

Yeah I understand that… I was answering his question as to why go hunt displayed hunts that are not 100% draws when he entered 0 points and 100% draw.

Like you said the type 1 and 2 draws are seperate but most if not all type 2 tags are 100% and the type 1 tags for the same units usually have much worse odds.

Yeah I understand that… I was answering his question as to why go hunt displayed hunts that are not 100% draws when he entered 0 points and 100% draw.

Like you said the type 1 and 2 draws are seperate but most if not all type 2 tags are 100% and the type 1 tags for the same units usually have much worse odds.

I'm not quite following you on that statement, but you may want to look at the draws odds closer. Taking a look at the G&F draw odds stats for the first five antelope units in the Regular PP Draw that have both a Type 1 and a Type 2 tag show that it took 3, 3, 6, 2 and <1 PP to draw a Type 2 tag at 100%. <3, <3, and <6 were 0% chance with the last two showing <3=50% and 0=44.44%. Therefore, if you're trying to say that no PPs can get you a Type 2 tag "most if not all of the time" would not be remotely accurate.

I'm not quite following you on that statement, but you may want to look at the draws odds closer. Taking a look at the G&F draw odds stats for the first five antelope units in the Regular PP Draw that have both a Type 1 and a Type 2 tag show that it took 3, 3, 6, 2 and <1 PP to draw a Type 2 tag at 100%. <3, <3, and <6 were 0% chance with the last two showing <3=50% and 0=44.44%. Therefore, if you're trying to say that no PPs can get you a Type 2 tag "most if not all of the time" would not be remotely accurate.

haha well I may have overstated it a bit..I don't pay a whole lot of attention to type 2 tags seemed like every time I looked at one the odds were excellent.

All I am trying to say is that go hunt does not differentiate between the type 1 and type 2 tags when using the hunt filter option.

haha well I may have overstated it a bit..I don't pay a whole lot of attention to type 2 tags seemed like every time I looked at one the odds were excellent.

All I am trying to say is that go hunt does not differentiate between the type 1 and type 2 tags when using the hunt filter option.

If that is so, I don't see how they could have accurate stats come up since the two types are completely different draws.

here is an example

Lets say I have 0 points want to hunt antelope and want 100% chance of getting a tag.

I punch that info into the hunt filter

It spits out every antelope tag in the state of Wyoming that I can draw with 0 points 100% odds.

it will display some units only because the type 2 license is 100% once you view the unit profile it will give you the draw odds for the type 1 license.

Back