Yeti GOBOX Collection

Go Wolf Pack!

I've been hearing that same argument for seven or eight years now. Every year they prove otherwise. I guess sometimes you just have to label certain people a hater.

Look at their schedule in those 7 years and who they played.... nobody decent. Last year we (Nevada) had a pretty solid defense that made Kellen look like a freshman brought on due to injury. Had some good tosses but whatever. I think he threw 2 of his 4 picks from last season to us. other 2 to Va tech (only other decent team they played). And of course im a hater. They have become more of a rival of late than UNLV. Gotta love college football :)

Look at their schedule in those 7 years and who they played.... nobody decent. Last year we (Nevada) had a pretty solid defense that made Kellen look like a freshman brought on due to injury. Had some good tosses but whatever. I think he threw 2 of his 4 picks from last season to us. other 2 to Va tech (only other decent team they played). And of course im a hater. They have become more of a rival of late than UNLV. Gotta love college football :)

You are right...Oaklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State and TCU all are nobody. And I guess that rivalry is one-sided. Not too many in Boise feel a Nevada v. BSU rivalry.

hahaha dude OU was like 2007 - not even the same team. They played Oregon in 2009 - Chip Kellys first season as coach and a rebuilding year. WTF cares about Oregon State??? And TCU is just as overated... They play in the Mountain West and just got moved to the BigEast where UConn just proved that 5-7 in that conference can get you a title bowl game :) Plus look at the OP i was referring to Moore specifically not the entire team but ill slam both thr program and the kid. :)

As far as the rivalry being one sided, i would imagine that there are quite a few (including yourself??) that would just like to sweep the whole upset thing under the rug because your beloved trick play wonder team of 2007 lost to another ranked team whom Kellen was quoted as saying "didnt belong in the top 25"... pssshhh

Luckily for you guys ESPN still gets hard on everytime you mention Boise or Kellen Moore but come week one in Georgia Dome against UGA i feel there will be a separation.

I guess we will find out how good Boise really is in the first week at Georgia.

With only 1 scheduled game against a pre season top 25 team it's still a pretty easy schedule compared to the teams in the big 12 or SEC who play 4+ with just their conference schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if Tulsa ended up being a top 25 by the time it's said and done so that should help a little bit.

beloved trick play wonder team of 2007 lost to another ranked team whom Kellen was quoted as saying "didnt belong in the top 25"... pssshhh

Wait...what?? :confused: 2007 was a "rebuilding" year for BSU and Kellen wasn't even in the program yet.

No sweeping under the rug...that UNR game was painful. But UNR deserved it after so many years of "close" games vs. BSU. But a loss to a program doesn't make a rivalry.

The UGA game will be interesting...I honestly don't know what to expect of BSU this year with their young receivers. But I have no doubt Martin and Harper will give UGA some fits. Maybe if BSU finishes in the top 25 this year with this core of receivers you would give Moore some respect...probably not. I don't think Moore will succeed at the NFL level, but he is one of the smartest QB in NCAA football.

Wait...what?? :confused: 2007 was a "rebuilding" year for BSU and Kellen wasn't even in the program yet.

sorry that didnt type well. Was referring to how Boise really picked up there nationally "fanbase" when they beat OK with the trick play and they become the "wonder team". Many have hung on the coattails just because of that momment so thats why i referred to them as the wonder team eventhough last years roster wasnt the same as 2007. was referring more so to the entire program in general.

Im not doubting that Kellen isnt a smart QB... I just hate to see ESPN jump on the bandwagon and build players and programs up when in reality like WYO said they dont have a season like the BIG 10 or SEC or PAC 12....Jake Locker of Washinton is probably better than Kellen but since he played for Washington and they sucked against a solid PAC schedule, his reputation dropped real fast while Kellen and Whats his name from TCU were at full speed ahead after trouncing Idaho and Wyoming which is backwards .

The BCS/ESPN incest is horrible for the sport and i wish it would go away but i also wish taxes, liberals, and terrorism would go away but thats just not gonna happen.

I agree on Kellen being smart. To me he is like Josh Heupel from OU about 10 years ago in that if he doesn't make it in the NFL he will come back as a really good quarterback coach and eventually ofensive coordinator and head coach. He is a winner no doubt.

I agree BSU has had some weak opponents. BUT playing weak teams and then playing good teams is damn difficult, too. That is what we saw in the UNR game last year. IMHO the starters were physically done in the 3rd quarter, because they had been so used to being pulled out when they get so far ahead.

It also doesn't help when other programs refuse to play BSU. Its not like they haven't been trying to get a tougher schedule.

It also doesn't help when other programs refuse to play BSU. Its not like they haven't been trying to get a tougher schedule.

Unfortunately that is not exactly accurate. Several big time programs have offered to play Boise only to find out that Boise wants large cash payment to do so. Not exactly the any team any where talk.

Boise State wanted $1 million to play Nebraska

http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/24447857

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100908/SPORTS/709089803/0

Also the lack of traveling fan base is also a problem bringing in Boise as well as lack of national following or large markets for TV ratings.

Boise State wanted $1 million to play Nebraska

Also the lack of traveling fan base is also a problem bringing in Boise as well as lack of national following or large markets for TV ratings.

Nebraska had no problem shelling out 700k for a Lou-Lafayette team?? Your source is the Omaha paper...of course it is going to try to make Nebraska look better. I'm sure that the LF team travelling fan base will make it a nationally televised game. I mean come on the extra 200 to 300k Nebraska would have had to shell out would have easily been made up in TV money.

I think if you do some research you will find many more sources than the Omaha paper. CBS sports was the other link and I don't think they have any biases to the huskers. Or are you saying that story was made up? Surely not.

Boise St markets themselves as BCS contenders every year and wins enough games to prove they belong in the discussion. If Boise thinks they are a national championship contender why would you ask for the same contract or compare themselves with ULL? When 2 teams that are similar in strength play eachother there is rarely if ever a lopsided deal where 1 team pays a million+ to the other team.

Nebraska and other large programs are willing to pay teams like ULL becasue they get 1 home game and alot of the time no road game and it is a guaranteed win against a much lesser program before the difficult conference schedule begins. I don't think they would look at a Boise series in the same way becasue they respect Boise much more than ULL IMO.

Honestly Georgia and Tulsa are both going to be tough games. Should be 3-0 and could be 1-2 going into a game against Nevada.

Seems like lots of really good games this year in the first 3 weeks.

No, I never denied the fact that BSU wanted 1 million. I was simply saying that the paper makes it seem like BSU was asking for far too much. But that doesn't seem the case to me when paying lesser teams similar money.

I"m sure Nebraska didn't want to pay a million to a team and then get their ass kicked by the same team. It would have been funny.

Not quite as funny as watching OU fans lose to Boise. OU fans are not good losers, Texas fans are the same way. Did you hear about the knife fight between the OU and Texas fans inside an applebees last week?

http://newsok.com/knife-fight-breaks-out-between-ou-texas-fans-in-san-antonio/article/3591038

about 1% of the fans from both OU and Texas are completely nucking futz.

I attended both OU and OSU but graduated from OSU so I am hoping to see the cowboys got to a BCS game this year but I think they will lose at least 1 of their raod games at Missouri, Texas A&M, and Texas and propably 1 home game. OSU also plays Tulsa the week after Boise so that will make for a good camparison between Boise and OSU who could be similarly ranked at that time.

I"m sure Nebraska didn't want to pay a million to a team and then get their ass kicked by the same team. It would have been funny.

Not quite as funny as watching OU fans lose to Boise. OU fans are not good losers, Texas fans are the same way. Did you hear about the knife fight between the OU and Texas fans inside an applebees last week?

http://newsok.com/knife-fight-breaks-out-between-ou-texas-fans-in-san-antonio/article/3591038

about 1% of the fans from both OU and Texas are completely nucking futz.

I attended both OU and OSU but graduated from OSU so I am hoping to see the cowboys got to a BCS game this year but I think they will lose at least 1 of their raod games at Missouri, Texas A&M, and Texas and propably 1 home game. OSU also plays Tulsa the week after Boise so that will make for a good camparison between Boise and OSU who could be similarly ranked at that time.

I agree with you on the not wanting to pay a million to lose. :)

And I will never understand the pure hate that some college football fans have (or any other sport for that matter) for the rival fans. Its a freakin game...nothing worth going to jail or getting killed over. Nucking futz it is!!

I agree with you on the not wanting to pay a million to lose. :)

And I will never understand the pure hate that some college football fans have (or any other sport for that matter) for the rival fans. Its a freakin game...nothing worth going to jail or getting killed over. Nucking futz it is!!

Totally agree with your "Nucking Futz" hatred toward rival fans. The BSU/Idaho rivalry is a good case in point. Some of the chit that goes on, just turns my stomach. Especially when some of the trash talk comes from my grandsons who are under 10. Where do they get it from? Mommy and Daddy of course, and is some of the most vile chit I have heard and I've heard a lot.

Shaking my head, I thought it was going to be Southern Missoula High School Longhorns or something like that.

Cant wait to see the UT vs A&M game this year. I"m sure UT would like to send the aggies off to the SEC the same way the sent Nebraska out to the BIG 10. .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back