Go to lure for trout in high country lake.

Lol. I'm from Louisiana. Not too many fly fisherman. I just want to catch fish. Period. Don't care how that's for sure. If bait is the way I'm all in. I'll make sure to take the power bait out of its mouth before taking a picture. Lol

Just make sure to get yourself one of these and don't fish a treble so you can be a catch and release bait fisherman. They look and feel cheap but are by far the best hook remover I've used.

https://www.amazon.com/Zak-Tackle-F...d=1500482079&sr=8-1&keywords=zak+hook+remover

Yes , pinch that barb down. Mine were all dome in the field so they are not flat but still down far enough to catch and release, sometimes just a quick release with no catch. Saves a lot of gills and deep hooked trout.

I'm a reformed fisherman. When I first moved here I was a purist and only fly fished for trout. But, my wife likes to eat trout, and I like to eat trout, so when I get to a new body of water it's orange or green powerbait. I still fly fish my familiar waters when there's trout in the freezer. I still love to fly fish, don't get me wrong. But, we like to eat trout too and I'm all about bringing fish home to wifey :cool:

Glad to see I'm not the only sinner. Maybe if trout wasn't so good smoked... but wait then I would have no reason to go. Hey what about catch and release elk hunting? Hum

Going on a pack trip a lake in Colorado. Suppose to be able to fish I don't fly fish. Anyone have a thought on a couple baits I can pack with me for fishing with a bait caster? Was thinging about a spoon would be a good catch all.

I think spoons are a good choice. My go to for lakes is a Kastmaster.

I took my 7 year old son fishing at a mountain lake yesterday afternoon and he caught several cutthroat trout on a small panther martin spinner. The good thing about some of these mountain lakes is the fish are hungry and not as pressured as on the rivers. They can be easy to catch.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back