Caribou Gear

Fur flying everywhere!

highground34

So I have a lot of different fox running around my land and it is driving the dogs nuts. So I started taking care of the problem one lead at a time. What low cost durable tricks does anyone have for controlling the numbers other than lead poisoning.

So, are they getting into your chickens? What exactly are they doing that's bothering you? Do you have upland game birds living in hedge rows you've left for habitat? How about ducks? Do you have ponds that are producing young? If it's no, then fox kill a lot of mice, and that's beneficial. I'd rather have a few fox running around than coyotes, or raccoon. If it's just the dogs barking, they'll get over it.

So, are they getting into your chickens? What exactly are they doing that's bothering you? Do you have upland game birds living in hedge rows you've left for habitat? How about ducks? Do you have ponds that are producing young? If it's no, then fox kill a lot of mice, and that's beneficial. I'd rather have a few fox running around than coyotes, or raccoon. If it's just the dogs barking, they'll get over it.
They are actually making dens all over in my horse pasture areas for one thing. I had a horse come up lame after I watched her step in one of the dens. I think they are a great animal but I have a lot of them. Like the fox but like my horses a lot more. They have all but wiped out our game birds as well, and on and on.

Throw some coyote turds into the denning sites, they will pack up. You might be able to use dog chit. Try that. In most areas fox are on a decline. They're usually, most troublesome during the spring season.

Most people that bitch about fox, burn out the fence lines each year and leave no habitat for the birds. If you leave cover on your property the birds will do fine.

Last edited:
Some good ideas. Wow thank god I'm not most people. As far as cover I have not and never would change any cover or habitat, kinda the whole point in owning land. Thanks

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brauny35
Back