From NH with dreams of the West

Northernlilywhite

Hi All,

I am just finding this forum through Randy's TV shows and Podcast. I am from northern NH and have grown up hunting in the northern woods, but have dreams of heading out west once a year for a change of pace. Might be nice to see some game from farther away than 60 yards!

I hunt for larger game when it's in season and I still have a tag, but I also do a lot of waterfowl and turkey hunting. Already learned a ton from just listening to the podcasts so hoping to glean some great info from these forums, especially about out of state hunting and the logistics of it all.

Welcome aboard. Once you hunt out West, you're going to want to move out here :cool:

LOL, if he's from norther NH he may feel likes its overpopulated out west.

Welcome aboard, this is a great site for hunting in general but also out west.

Love NH, fairly familiar with the area around Gorham, heading there in a few weeks for vacation.

LOL, if he's from norther NH he may feel likes its overpopulated out west.

Welcome aboard, this is a great site for hunting in general but also out west.

Love NH, fairly familiar with the area around Gorham, heading there in a few weeks for vacation.

Hey Speedgoat, I am actually only about 40 min from Gorham, NH.

Yeah, if I see another hunter all day in the woods, it tends to get me bummed out which is something I need to change about my mentality, especially from what I see from all the out West public land hunting footage. I guess it's the price you pay for Elk and Pronghorn!

Last edited:
I'm south of you in CT but I regularly small game hunt near woodsville, NH. Have family up there and visit often. Going up in early Sept this year to chase black bears.

Welcome to the site!

Hey Graves, Grafton county has the highest concentration of black bears in all of NH and VT so its a good place to chase one!

That's good to hear I'm going earlier this year hoping for better luck!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back