Freaky antelope down

Now that is one crazy looking pronghorn. I don't know how you could pass on one like that. I sure couldn't.

Great job Greenie. Hopefully the equipment has some time to recover before the next episode.

Congrats!

Wow....no way in hell I'd be able to pass on an Antelope like that either. That thing is Awesome!! Way to go!! Great pics too btw.

Its like he ran into a wall and bent them the wrong way while the horns were flexible or growing? How does that happen? Not a bad score for length, it looks good.

Way to go, muddy ATV in the deep snow. You can see its clearly on the road, very good.

I put a tape on his weird horn, and he's better than he looks.. He's about a 74" buck. 15.5 in length on the longer side.

Tom, I only put the ATV on the road for the photos.. the rest of the time, I was shreddin it, leaving my signature brodies and figure eights all over the countryside as I was herdin up the lopes.

That is the coolest antelope I've ever seen. Are you going to mount it?

Your back tire in that one pic is getting dangerously close to the edge of the road. I will let it slide this time ;) ;)

Congrats!

Bugler, would love to see a picture of your antelope..

I saw 3 freaks this time. The other might get nailed this weekend by the landowner's grandson. I'm headed over to hunt again for does. It's a bigger one than the one I shot, but not as freaky, just a canted out right horn. I almost shot a very small freak (5-6" horns) in the morning, both curled into his eyes... but I think it was just a 1.5 year old buck, small one. Maybe next year he'll be a cool one.

Bugler, would love to see a picture of your antelope..

I saw 3 freaks this time. The other might get nailed this weekend by the landowner's grandson. I'm headed over to hunt again for does. It's a bigger one than the one I shot, but not as freaky, just a canted out right horn. I almost shot a very small freak (5-6" horns) in the morning, both curled into his eyes... but I think it was just a 1.5 year old buck, small one. Maybe next year he'll be a cool one.
So I'm guessing mutations like this are genetic. You've seen three in how many lopes do you think? I saw somewhere around 400 and never saw one. The only weird one was a high pronged buck where the prongs started at the very top and had only 3 inches above that. It was a small buck maybe 12". Very very cool that is for sure.

Went back to tear the place up on the ATV..
MATV2008.jpg

First big game animal..
Mantelope2008.jpg

My garage..
Antelope2008.jpg

Nice carnage.

On a side note, heard out in the Montana prarie wind.....................You shoot it smoopy, no your smoopy, no you shoot it smoopy:D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back