MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Franchi vs Benelli plus Bergara or DDM4

Franchi, Benelli and Stoeger are all subsidiaries of Beretta. I have shot a stoeger and a benelli at the range and made a side by side comparison. The actions are pretty much identical. Both performed flawlessly. But with the MAJOR difference in price tags, the win went to Stoeger because I didn't break the bank when I purchased one. I think I paid about $600ish for my M3500 semi auto. It has never jammed or left me down. For a pump shoty, I have had the same Remy 870 express for an eternity. Just can't beat it.

A little trick about Scheels or any major sporting good stores.....the salespeople are going to steer you in one direction or another to benefit them, not you. Depending on what they sell and how many they sell, they get fringe benefits such as free optics or free firearms or discounts from the manufacturers. I take what any salesperson tells me with a grain of salt.

Your best bet to get good, correct and first hand experience is to ask your fellow HT'ers.

Oh I know about the stuff salespeople get for selling you on stuff. My brother used to ski tech and would get free goggles and sunglasses when he sold so many of certain brands. I've been to the scheels in billings where he sat with me for 15 minutes extolling the Franchi. And 10 minutes in the Great Falls scheels discussing the Benelli. And Scheels gives its employees commissions so each guy gave me a card. It's also why when you get anything at Scheels, someone will try to put their employee # on the label so they get the credit. Even if all you did is ask where it was.

I'm leaning Franchi and Bergara so I can get two. But its Benelli....although if you guys are saying the monfeltro is a good gun maybe that's the route. And the 3.5 was a thought. But if you all think its unneeded then I may not go that route.

Oh I know about the stuff salespeople get for selling you on stuff. My brother used to ski tech and would get free goggles and sunglasses when he sold so many of certain brands. I've been to the scheels in billings where he sat with me for 15 minutes extolling the Franchi. And 10 minutes in the Great Falls scheels discussing the Benelli. And Scheels gives its employees commissions so each guy gave me a card. It's also why when you get anything at Scheels, someone will try to put their employee # on the label so they get the credit. Even if all you did is ask where it was.

I'm leaning Franchi and Bergara so I can get two. But its Benelli....although if you guys are saying the monfeltro is a good gun maybe that's the route. And the 3.5 was a thought. But if you all think its unneeded then I may not go that route.

Every buddy on a budget that asks me about a shotgun, I point them to the Monte - everyone of them has thanked me - they love the thing and their kids will still be shooting when they are gone. I have successfully hunted birds in ND, SD, NE, KS & MN for 40 years and only fired two shots with a 3.5" shell - just not needed. But if it makes you happy I have no objections - everybody has their own style.

I recently went thru the same thought process, Ended up opting for Remington based on talking to folks who own and shoot. Wanted something easy on my shoulder too. We'll see how it pans out, I just took delivery yesterday, so no chance to shoot yet. FWIW it's made here in NY just upstate from where I live, all else being equal.

Ok. You guys have me convinced. Picked up a montefeltro today to feel it in my hands. There was an m2 next to it for a little more. What do you get out of that gun that you don't get with the montefeltro?

I'm not 100% but I think the difference is mostly in the finish. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think the montefeltro may be a tad lighter too. I don't think you'll be disappointed in either just comes down to personal preference. I've never been into collecting or having duplicates of any guns but I'm definitely in the market for another 1 or 2 Montefeltros if that tells you anything. Good luck with which ever you decide!

I have two M2; they are work guns; I have one well stocked Montefeltro that is my fun gun. Other then wood vs synthetic I couldn’t tell you the difference.

Ok. You guys have me convinced. Picked up a montefeltro today to feel it in my hands. There was an m2 next to it for a little more. What do you get out of that gun that you don't get with the montefeltro?
They are very close - I would choose by "fit" and preference for wood or not. The M2 has a different magazine length, different rib height, a little more drop at heel, and a few other little differences (like bluing vs matte). If you can, shoulder and swing both and see if you feel a difference. If you do, buy the better "fit/feel", if not choose wood vs synthetic, and finally if all else is equal in your eyes, choose by price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back