MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Found a Good One!

Congrats! You're going to have a tough time topping that one in Montana. Beautiful whitetail!

That buck would float my boat. I think I have been on the ridge behind you and on the ridge in the landscape pic. but it has been a few years. Found some great mule deer antlers there in the 80s. Not much in the last 20 years.

Antleradar

very nice! He's got a few deductions. . .but should be 170" or real close. Let us know what he scores. Again, nice deer!

thank for all the comments guys, i feel pretty fortunate to have taken such a deer! He haunted my dreams for the two weeks that lead up to opening day, the whole time hoping I'd lay eyes on him again and possibly get a chance at him.

So for all you score guys. I watched him for a couple of hours and have some good pics and video of him. Every time I tried to field judge him I came up with 164-168. When i first laid my hands on him the first thing that hit me was how massive he was, and this is where I underestimated him. He's got a couple stickers on his brows and I was off an 1/2 inch here and there, combined with my underestimation of his mass measurement, I was off by over 10 inches! 2 of us pulled the tape a couple times independently ( and we are definately not expert scorers) the greatest difference in the 4 scores came out to 1.5". So we decided to meet in the middle, with that he gross scores 181 with his left antler being about 6" bigger than the right.

That buck would float my boat. I think I have been on the ridge behind you and on the ridge in the landscape pic. but it has been a few years. Found some great mule deer antlers there in the 80s. Not much in the last 20 years.

Antleradar

So you've hunted the Gila huh? Thats a decoy pic for all you picture stalkers out there! :p

Those are two truely amazing specimens you have shot this year. Either one would make my year. Can't wait to see what you do this December. Good Luck in New Mexico on your sheep hunt.

Fantastic whitetail and a great effort coming back and getting it done on him.

What age do you think he is at, 5.5?

Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back