Football General Talk

Tom Brady is playing just as bad as Wilson yesterday until the last drive :). But, I think he might still squeak in (on his first ballot). Wilson might take a couple more cycles, but he will get in. You forget how good he was for how long. He made Seattle matter again.
Absolutely. Until the last year at Seattle, and this year, his TD/INT ratio was stellar. Ridiculously stellar.

He was so fun to watch with Lockett and Metcalf as receivers. But with a poor O-Line and marginal defense, the team was forced to be carried by Wilson. Not a good formula. Like Romo at Dallas (look at the D they did not have during his career), it cannot work. Or, take a mediocre athlete like Brady, and surround him with a superior offense and with a top-5 defense in New England, and he's GOAT (look at Matt Cassel's record at the Pats and everywhere else).

But Russell better play better starting now, or might well play himself out of the Hall.

David
NM

Tom Brady is playing just as bad as Wilson yesterday until the last drive :). But, I think he might still squeak in (on his first ballot). Wilson might take a couple more cycles, but he will get in. You forget how good he was for how long. He made Seattle matter again.

Really? Tom should have retired right after the Bucs won the Super Bowl, but his numbers this year are better than Wilson's. They each have 9 interceptions, but Brady has 21 TDs to Wilson's 12. Brady has over a 1000 more yards passing also. Wilson has a lower completion ratio as well.

Wilson is overrated imo. I think Tony Romo was a better qb than Wilson is. I don't think Romo belongs in the Hall of Fame either.

Sure is an interesting conversation to listen too from Sherman and Lynch. Along with other past teammates.

Lynch exact words "F$%# him man, I go to war with you for years and you can't even answer or return my phone calls".

I'm glad he's in Denver now....

Regarding Brady, and I never cared for the Patriots, he is crazy smart concerning football. It should be obvious that the Patriot dynasty was more his doing than Belichick's

Really? Tom should have retired right after the Bucs won the Super Bowl, but his numbers this year are better than Wilson's. They each have 9 interceptions, but Brady has 21 TDs to Wilson's 12. Brady has over a 1000 more yards passing also. Wilson has a lower completion ratio as well.

Wilson is overrated imo. I think Tony Romo was a better qb than Wilson is. I don't think Romo belongs in the Hall of Fame either.
Brady plays with a team that is at least 2-3x as good as the best that the Bronco's can produce. But really, that's not so much the point. Brady could stink every day he has played for the Bucs and still get in. Joe (Montana) wasn't all that chili red hot as I recall when he played for the Chiefs.

Wilson had a sustained period where the Seahawks were contenders and his play was a huge, huge part of it. But his ship has sailed, much like Brady's.

Brady being such an ingrained NFL entertainer has certainly worked for him. From that first boochit call against the Raiders to becoming a de facto striped shirt. Yes, he's a brilliant point guard in a drama queen tennis player's body. HOF on first nomination...deeds and promotional aspects.

Brady being such an ingrained NFL entertainer has certainly worked for him. From that first boochit call against the Raiders to becoming a de facto striped shirt. Yes, he's a brilliant point guard in a drama queen tennis player's body. HOF on first nomination...deeds and promotional aspects.
ae8934e7d16a81ea4e4302c8f3eb9064.jpg

Brady plays with a team that is at least 2-3x as good as the best that the Bronco's can produce. But really, that's not so much the point. Brady could stink every day he has played for the Bucs and still get in. Joe (Montana) wasn't all that chili red hot as I recall when he played for the Chiefs.

Wilson had a sustained period where the Seahawks were contenders and his play was a huge, huge part of it. But his ship has sailed, much like Brady's.

They were talking about being one piece away from the Super Bowl. You'd think an allegedly HOF qb would work , even a washed up one. Kinda like the last Broncos title and the Bucs, for that matter.

There is a reason, likely many, why Seattle moved on. imo, he is a phony that teammates get tired of tolerating.

They were talking about being one piece away from the Super Bowl. You'd think an allegedly HOF qb would work , even a washed up one. Kinda like the last Broncos title and the Bucs, for that matter.

There is a reason, likely many, why Seattle moved on. imo, he is a phony that teammates get tired of tolerating.
...multiple draft picks (2 firsts. 2 seconds, and a fifth), and 2 years of salary offload?

NFC projections for the next three weeks:

- Vikings lose in Green Bay this week. The Vikes last minute comeback juice freezes up in the Lambeau weather.

- SF goes on a wild drunk the night before the game down in Vegas and manages to give away a sure victory to the Raiders. Game is decided by a field goal that resulted from a late interception on a double reverse halfback pass that Shanahan scratched out on a Ceasar's Sports Book napkin, with CMC throwing to a wide open Debo Samuel only to have CMC get crushed just as he started to throw.

- Green Bay beats Detroit the last week to steal the final NFC Wild Card position after having been counted out when they were 4-8. (Gawd, I hope not, but I've see this movie before, especially when Detroit is involved).

- Vikings and SF both win the last week and are seeded as NFC #2 and #3, respectively.

- Wild Card Weekend pairs Green Bay as #7 seed going to MN as #2 seed. Vikings offense goes on early vacation with the normally absent defense. Green Bay advances to the next round on a last minute end-zone defensive pass interference call the refs give to Aaron Rogers if he promises to stop sniveling. Crosby kicks a 22 yard FG as time expires to give Green Bay a 23-21 win. The following morning the NFL issues an apology for an early whistle on a GB fumble that MN recovered and returned for a TD that would have clinched the game, while making no comment on giving Aaron Rogers three extra seconds after the play clock expired on the last drive when facing 4th and 8 from his own 14 yard line. Packers fans gloat more than normal (if that's possible), knowing they are about to slide into a decade-long pummeling from the remaining NFC North teams as Rogers packs his bong for warmer places and retires to the California beaches where he starts an online yoga/twerking class with Miley Cyrus.

After that, I will be doing trade shows every weekend, so the distraction of a Purple Facade no longer matters.

NFC Championship - Philly will roll over Dallas and punch their ticket to the Super Bowl.

AFC -I'll leave that prediction to someone who cares.

You read it here first.

SKOL!

Ha! Awesome rundown, I hope the first part regarding the Packers happens. Although even if it does, they’re not going anywhere meaningful this year even if they sneak in.

NFC projections for the next three weeks:

- Vikings lose in Green Bay this week. The Vikes last minute comeback juice freezes up in the Lambeau weather.

- SF goes on a wild drunk the night before the game down in Vegas and manages to give away a sure victory to the Raiders. Game is decided by a field goal that resulted from a late interception on a double reverse halfback pass that Shanahan scratched out with CMC throwing to a wide open Debo Samuel only to have CMC get crushed just as he started to throw.

- Green Bay beats Detroit the last week to steal the final NFC Wild Card position after having been counted out when they were 4-8. (Gawd, I hope not, but I've see this movie before, especially when Detroit is involved).

- Vikings and SF both win the last week and are seeded as NFC #2 and #3, respectively.

- Wild Card Weekend pairs Green Bay as #7 seed going to MN as #2 seed. Vikings offense goes on early vacation with the normally absent defense and Green Bay advances to the next round on a last minute end-zone defensive pass interference call the refs give to Aaron Rogers if he promises to stop sniveling. Crosby kicks a 22 yard FG as time expires to give Green Bay a 23-21 win. The following morning the NFL issues an apology for an early whistle on a GB fumble that MN recovered and returned for a TD that would have clinched the game, while making no comment on giving Aaron Rogers three extra seconds after the play clock expired on the last drive when facing 4th and 8 from his own 14 yard line. Packers fans gloat more than normal, knowing they are about to slide into a decade-long pummeling from the remaining NFC North teams as Rogers packs his bong for warmer places and retires to the California beaches where he starts an online yoga/twerking class with Miley Cyrus.

After that, I will be doing trade shows every weekend, so the distraction of a Purple Facade no longer matters.

NFC Championship - Philly will roll over Dallas and punch their ticket to the Super Bowl.

AFC -I'll leave that prediction to someone who cares.

You read it here first.

SKOL!
Personally, I like it better if the Vikings don't tip their hand too soon. More like this, they run the table in the regular season, putting Rogers on the California beach in the process. They claim the number one seed as the Eagles rest Jalen Hurts for the remaining games.

Then in their first playoff game they rally in the final minute only to stall on the 5 yard line. Needing only two points to advance, they miss the field goal. Every Viking fan can choose their favorite way it unfolds. I'll go with a botched snap. The center snaps the ball before the holder is looking for the ball.

Back to kicking a guy when he's down.

Russell Wilson is having his finest season for... Seattle.:ROFLMAO:

Without hijacking what do you guys know about playoff tickets?

Sure is an interesting conversation to listen too from Sherman and Lynch. Along with other past teammates.

Lynch exact words "F$%# him man, I go to war with you for years and you can't even answer or return my phone calls".

I'm glad he's in Denver now....
I listened to that podcast and it seems guys really didn't like him.

Back