Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Foiles Pleads Guilty

Probably federal fines I would assume being waterfowl.Its hard to belive he only lost hunting privlages for 2 years but got a $100,000.00 fine and 13 months jail.I would have figured 5 year lose of hunting privlages.

I don't support Foiles by any means, but what would have you considered throwing the book at him. $100k and in excess of a year in prison is way beyond what I've ever heard any other poacher being sentenced.

The fines are close to some I've heard of out in CA, but the loss of hunting privileges for such a short period of time is very lenient.

If this was comparable big game violations, you can bet there would be a much louder outcry.

What good does it do to take hunting privileges away from someone who broke those rules in the first place?

Big fines and jail time seems a much better and lasting punishment to me. I'd say he got the book thrown at him and it hit him 'tween the eyes.

To bad they didn't get him a little more. One of the outfitters that Foiles hunts with is right next to me. Infact we overlap our boundaries a bit. I am glad I never saw this kind of stuff going on. Is there any info on which outfitters got charged if any?

I thought it was just the club that got charged in the US. Canada is still pending whether he'll be charged there.

Not sure. I haven't read all of the details about it yet. Maybe there will be more to come.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back