Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fly fishing bobbers that stay put?

Orvis strike indicators. I put them towards the thicker side of the leader and they stay put pretty well. Only $3 for a 3 pack of the extra smalls too.

But really, those ones you have to loop the leader through a hole and around don’t move much if I recall. But they do destroy leaders with kinks.

1713498267653.jpeg

Oros are the best ones I’ve found, they stay put and are streamlined enough on the leader that they’re pretty hard to tangle.

There are actually people in the world that make a living teaching people how to fish a bobber lol, the Bighorn is loaded with them
I'd say many (if not most) of the fish on the Beaverhead and Big Hole rivers in SW MT are caught with a bobber setup. Also it's partly because river pimp clientele aren't the best fishermen

But really, those ones you have to loop the leader through a hole and around don’t move much if I recall. But they do destroy leaders with kinks.

View attachment 323411

These. Leaders straighten out. Friction & heat brings them back into line.

And they're bobbers. If you call them strike indicators you drink foamy coffee drinks and wear skinny jeans.

I've always used the sticky bright foam thing-a-majigs.
Fold onto the line and sticky, stick they be.

Don't know the name though that's in my fly vest.

They can rebrand all they want, but are they really that cool if they’re fishing with bobbers?

I'll drag a live frog across the bottom of a sandy lake if it gets me a tug.

Bobber fishing is awesome. 90% of the feeding is done under water. Drag free drifts in the winter w/a double nymph rig mean you're catching big trout in winter on tailwaters, catching massive chunkers on lakes and pissing off purists.

So there's really no downside.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back