Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Florida Whitetails

alexhunter

Been chasing them for the past 4 years in several FL public lands/wma's. Kicks my ass everytime, can't wait to do it again this season though....

Thanks, this is the best forum/interface. Been following Randy's videos for a long time. He's been fighting the good fight for hunters on the political arena.

Last edited:
Been chasing them for the past 4 years in several FL public lands/wma's. Kicks my ass everytime, can't wait to do it again this season though....

Yep Florida whitetails are like nothing I ever hunted in any of my limited other states I have hunted. Welcome to the forum from another swamp donkey!

Thanks, I just have to keep at it

Yep Florida whitetails are like nothing I ever hunted in any of my limited other states I have hunted. Welcome to the forum from another swamp donkey!

I got a nice hog at Corbett on Nov 2014. And tons of footage on does and fawns but those bucks are like ninjas!

I haven't killed any turkeys, a good spot is Kissimmee River Public Use Area..units like Oak Creek and others have good turkey...a hen landed near me and my decoy last year but no gobbler showed up...

I am moving down to the Florida panhandle in October and I am honestly looking forward to having my butt kicked!
It's always exciting to hunt new states and test your skills....or fail and then develop new ones.

To make it even better I am near Alabama and Mississippi.... so there will be no lack of hunting!

Good luck to you alexhunter.

Welcome! I don't think it is any easier or tougher then the terrain they have out west. It is just another type of terrain and set of skills needed to get the job done.

Mid Florida buck from 2007. My biggest

Panhandle buck I shot in January 09 ....my last deer before moving to Colorado

Welcome aboard

I went to college with a guy that's from Panama City. They were big dog hunters. Me and him wore the deer out around Starkville, MS our senior year. Lol

Two bucks per day was the limit when I was growing up. Here's Dad with an opening day, DIY public land double.

Lostinthewoods, where will you be living? I grew up in the panhandle.

I'll be stationed at Hurlburt Field. So I plan on hunting the Eglin range, Blackwater, and Yellow River WMA.
I've already got a house in Fort Walton Beach ready to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back