PEAX Equipment

Fixing social security

What is your most preferred method of changing the social security system?

• Remove the upper pay-in limit

Votes: 64 48.1%
  • Continue to push back the age of first withdrawal as needed

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Reduce benefits to maintain system solvency

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Abandon it all together over time and let everyone fund their own retirement

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
Biotechnology industry is contracting right now, not expanding.

Bio is in a constant flux - has been for 40 years. Still some amazing things coming down the pipe. Innovation fields are not suited to daily news cycles - better judged in decades, and even then the relevant companies aren’t the question - only 3 or 4 bio companies are trying to be real companies, the rest will end up on branded Pharma balance sheets if their stuff works.

It is the height of HT weirdness that we are actually bantering about the premise that MT has a move vibrant economy than CA. Bizarre. I have lived in CA as a kid and have no interest in living there as an adult - but there is no denying the economic engine of the last 40 yrs.
Of course a state with 40 million people is a big economy. It's also in serious decline and becoming unlivable inspite of it's tremendous geographic beauty. You are looking in the rear view mirror. We are talking about the future, not the past.

Of course a state with 40 million people is a big economy. It's also in serious decline and becoming unlivable inspite of it's tremendous geographic beauty. You are looking in the rear view mirror. We are talking about the future, not the past.
Still 2X the per capita GDP of MT. As for its demise — the same was said in the 70’s.

More big $$$ companies will be born in CA on a per capita basis than MT is a very very safe bet for the next 15 years into the future.

Last edited:
Still 2X the per capita GDP of MT. As for its demise — the same was said in the 70’s.

More big $$$ companies will be born in CA on a per capita basis than MT is a very very safe bet for the next 15 years into the future.
Inflated economies have inflated GDPs. They have drained another safety net, unemployment insurance. Turn out the lights, the parties over.

California faces an unemployment insurance disaster. Newsom has no easy way out | Opinion https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-faces-unemployment-insurance-disaster-130000821.html

Not to sidetrack but there’s also this story that just came out.

Though not a lot of $ in the big picture, maybe subtract a few of these billions from CA GDP.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California spent $24 billion to tackle homelessness over the past five years but didn’t consistently track whether the huge outlay of public money actually improved the situation, according to state audit released Tuesday.

Inflated economies have inflated GDPs. They have drained another safety net, unemployment insurance. Turn out the lights, the parties over.
Reminds me of the "peak oil" and "peak" all commodities arguments from the early 70's. If you want to shoot elk, live in MT. If you want to be part of a vibrant economy try CA, MA, CO, MN or TX.

Though not a lot of $ in the big picture, maybe subtract a few of these billions from CA GDP.

Those dollars spent are included in the inflated GDP of California. Vibrant economy they have. I will loan @VikingsGuy one of my tents if he wants to move there to enjoy all the prosperity.

Those dollars spent are included in the inflated GDP of California. Vibrant economy they have. I will loan @VikingsGuy one of my tents if he wants to move there to enjoy all the prosperity.
I have to give credit where credit is due, you do tend to give a master class in the use of logical fallacies when you flail on these threads. I'm out on this one - have fun getting to #1,000.

Last edited:
Stop. You are being ridiculous with this comparison. CA has plenty of social and fiscal problems but arguing its economy is worse than MT is crazy-talk. Starting a business may be easier in MT, until you need employees with specific skills. I always like that CNBC ranking of “Best state to start a business” or whatever it is called. It is basically best places to be an owner and shaft employees.
Here is 2023. CA ranks higher than MT. I assume for the reason I mentioned.

America's Top States for Business 2023: See the full rankings
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/11/ame...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

You could also look at how much a state relies on the Federal government for its economy.

IMG_2132.png

Stop. You are being ridiculous with this comparison. CA has plenty of social and fiscal problems but arguing its economy is worse than MT is crazy-talk. Starting a business may be easier in MT, until you need employees with specific skills. I always like that CNBC ranking of “Best state to start a business” or whatever it is called. It is basically best places to be an owner and shaft employees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/11/americas-top-states-for-business-2023-the-full-rankings.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

You could also look at how much a state relies on the Federal government for its economy.

View attachment 322337
California is number 37 on that list in terms of "economy" if you sort the table

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/11/americas-top-states-for-business-2023-the-full-rankings.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

View attachment 322337

Really interesting map- important to remember this map as it dovetails into a lot of R vs NR discussions on here.

Montana, Wyoming and New Mexico are of particular interest.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/11/ame...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

View attachment 322337
At least Obama 2.0 is smart enough to dump this cash infusion into a swing state, instead of California like Obama 1.0 did.

At least Obama 2.0 is smart enough to dump this cash infusion into a swing state, instead of California like Obama 1.0 did.

It’s Taiwan semi. One of the five most important companies in the world, including for US strategic defense reasons. Just because you lead a company to bankruptcy doesn’t mean you have no skill and shouldn’t be able to get another job. Look at Trump. 😆

Really interesting map- important to remember this map as it dovetails into a lot of R vs NR discussions on here.

Montana, Wyoming and New Mexico are of particular interest.
Small population states with a lot of federal and tribal land is what paints this per capita map. Make a big deal about it if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back