Fish On!

Big Sky, do you mind me asking what color you are using there and why? I'm seeing red/black but everyone is saying pink/yellow right now. Am I missing something or are you just that good of a fisherman? Another nice catch!

Estimator86, the colors on that jig look deceiving because of the shadows. It's actually got a red/chartreuse head with a brown and orange body. I picked it for the bright head and orange on the body. I also used a bright yellow and brown jig that same day with good success. This time of year bright colors set off the fish while in pre-spawn and also once they begin spawning. I use more subdued colors in the summer like black, or black and olive. Here is a better photo of the jig I was using in the photo at the top of this page.

Great picture. You're really starting to hurt my feelings with all this fishing. Its been good down here in MS but no trout or mountain streams or rivers to go play in. Keep it up Big Sky!
View attachment 103216
[/QUOTE]
Great photo. Is that your boy and did he catch that bass?

do you have a professional photographer follow you around lol love the picks

do you have a professional photographer follow you around lol love the picks
I take all my own. Heck, I can barely afford gas to travel to the river half the time, let alone a photographer. The only time I appear in the photos is if I have a partner along. I fish solo about half the time or maybe a little more.

You're killing me right now. That is all.
JLS, you may not realize this but you coached me on where to go the very first time I set foot on this river. I've since got it figured out a whole lot more than that first trip which was almost a bust. I just happened to find a place that day near the Bull Pasture that had a few fish and convinced them to bite on a Rapala. I've been obsessed ever since.

JLS, you may not realize this but you coached me on where to go the very first time I set foot on this river. I've since got it figured out a whole lot more than that first trip which was almost a bust. I just happened to find a place that day near the Bull Pasture that had a few fish and convinced them to bite on a Rapala. I've been obsessed ever since.

I absolutely love your photos. I live vicariously through you this time of year. The local river is closed until the end of May.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back