PEAX Equipment

First Timer

idelkhntr

My best friend from high school will be here Sunday. We have not spent any time together for years, but reconnected in April at my Mom's funeral. After a few conversations we decided that we wanted to start communcating again. He is an avid whitetail hunter from Kansas where I grew up. I told him that he should come up and try his hand at Elk hunting in Idaho. Well it worked. He has never hunted Elk before so this will be his first shot at it. I have a weeks vacation next week so we can hit it hard and try to fill both of our tags. I have a couple of good spots picked out where the Elk have been, camp is set up and once he gets here we are ready to go.

I have been saying that I hoped to fill my tag before he gets here so I can concentrate on helping him, but then I thought that was dumb. If I wait until he gets here at least I will have some help packing it out. Anyway, it should be a good time and it looks like the weather might cooperate to get the bulls a little more active. We'll see if he took my advice about getting into shape. If not, I have a tree stand set up and a few water holes he can sit on. I'm looking forward to having a hunting partner and rekindling a friendship.

Sounds like it should be a great time. Great experience to share with good friends. Good luck.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back