First time applying

Sask hunter

After seeing Randy's video on YouTube about application strategy it sparked my imagination of applying for Wyoming to hunt big antelope some day. Just finished researching how to apply and trying to find units with a decent amount of public land mixed with good trophy potential. I don't know how you guys do it and apply for multiple states every year. My brain hurts already haha

Good luck in the draw! If you draw, you're in for a treat. The initial learning curve hurts, but it'll quickly subside once you see that "successful." Just wait though, the worst part isn't applying it is the waiting for results that'll make your brain hurt!

Good luck in the draw! If you draw, you're in for a treat. The initial learning curve hurts, but it'll quickly subside once you see that "successful." Just wait though, the worst part isn't applying it is the waiting for results that'll make your brain hurt!
Thanks. I have hunted antelope up here in Saskatchewan before about 10 years ago I drew a tag. Last year my dad and brother drew tags so I went with them again. Sure is fun going around and gassing a couple hundred antelope in a day. Our antelope up here are pretty weather dependant. Few bad winters and the season gets shut down for four or five years

I don't know how you guys do it and apply for multiple states every year.

Two things help me apply for and plan for about 4-6 trips each year.
1. Google Calender: add seasons, draw dates, app deadlines, etc. Anything you need to remember to do.
2. Battle Plans: I have a 3 ring binder that has indeividual folders. Each folder is specific to a species and state. All my research, stickey notes, regs, etc go in that folder. When a new year rolls around, all the old reserach stays in the folder and gets put into an archived status.
3. Plan time to research. I do about an hour a day, sometimes more. Trips that are 3 years out still get worked on, and trips this year get the priority.

Back