Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First Montana Moose

Thanks guys. And after reading what I wrote yesterday I feel like I should say my dad did more than just "sharpen knives". He held up limbs and legs for me while I cut and held the quarter-loaded pack upright for me as it rested on a stump so I could get myself under it. I couldn't get up from the ground if I tried to get under the pack on my knees. That 5 dollar garage-sale-find external frame was worth its weight in gold. There were no large trees or stumps to tie his legs to so I could get under his limbs with the knife as I started on the cape. It would have taken me so much longer without him, and until after a 7 am phone call and my dad driving three hours to give me a hand, I was performing failed experiments, like this:

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 326
Wow, toad of a bull.

I bet you were getting nervous with all that unsuccessful scouting in, goes to show the hard work normally pays off. Congrats.

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to break one of them down, albeit alone. Hope to find out one of these years.

CONGRATS!!!

Congrats on your awesome bull! Can't believe you packed him out yourself! WOW

I bet after a week of not seeing much it was nerve racking. I leave on sat for a moose hunt I hope my luck is as good as yours was. Congrats.

Congrats on the great success. Yep, they're big animals but just require a bit more time and muscle ;)

Nice bull! Congrats! I'm heading out again this weekend and hoping I see one as good as that. I've got 8 days scouting and 6 days of hunting in so far but nothing worth punching the tag on quite yet.

Very nice bull. Chased them here in Idaho last year hoping to get one like that.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back