First Hunt of the year....

Fatrack

Been visiting here for a while, just never posted anything.

Anyways, getting reading to embark on the first hunt of the year in 2011. Heading down to NM for a late season archery mule deer hunt and I can't wait!

Anyone done this hunt before in 2B? Not looking for any info, but success stories/pics would be cool!

I've had a run of a lifetime on Mule Deer this year and I hope to keep the streak alive!

Here's a pic of my MT buck.

View attachment 23341

Last edited:
Great first post, great buck and welcome to Hunt Talk. Enjoy the madness!

Congrats on a great buck.

I hunted 2B this year, but only saw two bucks, so you don't want to take any advice from me. :eek:

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Hey Hunt, good to see you over here. the "other" site got a little stale for me, this one is WAY better!

Also, I just realized i didn't post a pic of my other buck....here you go!

View attachment 23357

Last edited:
Run of a lifetime is right great gogly mogly those are some nice bucks congrats and welcome to the site cant wait to see how NM turns out for ya

thanks guys....yeah the dropper buck is a stud. I got him in Alberta early Nov. If you guys ever make a friend north of the border in AB, make sure to talk to him about the "hunter host" program!

I'm getting really excited for my NM trip. We leave this friday for 8 days...should be a good time if anything and maybe we can bring a couple good ones back to big sky country!

Has anyone had success in 2B?

Good luck on your trip to 2B. I'm heading to 2C tomarrow in hopes of filling my Mule deer archery permit as well. Planning on spending the entire 15 days hunting if need be.The truck is overloaded with the wall tent, wood, cots, food, mountain bike ect. Should be a learning experience for me as well since I haven't hunted down there before.Hopefully I'll find some sheds if nothing else.

What an entrance! Nice bucks. My best advice for hunting 2B is to make sure you have chains for all four tires. A little snow makes it sloppy in a hurry.

Back