first bugles of the season this morning

twodot

Big herd of cows and calves have been camped on the river near us for several weeks. This morning a couple of spikes that hang out with them really got to squealing up a storm. My boys and wife are taking this as a reminder to get out there and get those bows fine tuned for the season. Usually don't hear a thing till Sept, so this was a fun preview of the season.

Smelled my first 'musk' of the year this morning in unit 61. Ahh, breathe deep.

That's pretty sweet twodot, you're definitely a lucky guy!

Just about a month left, I'm getting very excited.

I've heard random bugles each month of the year, just how they communicate sometimes. Gets me fired up none the less no matter what time of the year!

twsnow, you are right about the year round herd talk for sure, but yesterday was fun because you could tell those spikes were learning to talk trash and ended up getting very excited about the whole thing.
Bulldog, I am anything but lucky when it comes to drawing an elk tag. Just doesn't happen. I plan on being the camera man and packer once again this year.

EastMTHunter, they have not fixed the bridge @ horse camp. Got to go around to Carl's Camp or Alex to get around. Road work around here is not a big priority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back