Caribou Gear

First animal harvested..now I’m meat skittish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe I read this entire thread trying to figure out what the issue was…Now I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight trying to decode these messages. There is an encoded message I’m sure of it!!

Honestly . The real problem is my wife. since she is pregnant her conditions do not really allow her to eat meat and also my son that is more interested in pizza more than meat .

All
I can’t believe I read this entire thread trying to figure out what the issue was…Now I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight trying to decode these messages. There is an encoded message I’m sure of it!!
Lol all of you guys went off topic

Are you using speech to text?? If so, it isn't interpreting you correctly. This is the most confused I've ever been try ink to understated some wants toast.
Lol

What does this even mean? ..but my conditions those not permits me”

I still have no clue what yiur meat issue is. Could you try again to simply state what the issue is?
All you were s'oppose to do was to change this (those) into (does)

In all seriousness it seems u are most concerned with risk of contamination due to a pregnant wife. I remember when my wife was pregnant we were very cautious about that sort of thing. Over time I've become more comfortable handling and consuming meat that is cooked more on the rare side, especially wild game which is usually better cooked to medium or rarer. And every time I've had food poisoning it was produce bought at the store or a restaurant. But ymmv.

OK I have read through this 952 times and still am not sure of the meat issue!
Are you choosing not to eat the meat because your wife can't eat it because of her condition? Are you afraid that having meat in your house could cause something to happen to your wife and unborn child? Is it a mental block from seeing the process from harvest to table?

pregnant women can eat rare meat and especially rare wildgame. it's all hogwash. they're (usda/cdc) worried about food borne illness with pregnant women and it's just overly conservative guidelines.

if they really cared about pregnant women and food borne illness they'd recommend they don't eat any raw vegetables, especially onions and spinach/kale, etc.

when was the last time you saw a recall/salmonella outbreak on the news that wasn't tied to a raw vegetable like onions or spinach or lettuce? seriously.

eat the damn meat.

OK Jackson. First off congratulations on getting your first deer. You never forget your first. Second, I like everyone else am totally confused. When you say you are skittish of meat, does that include the venison you just acquired? If so, it may be that you are a bit squeamish from seeing a skinned out large animal for the first time. I know people who have suffered from this. It will pass or you will quit hunting. If it does not include the venison, then maybe you are just realizing that store bought just meat isn't all that good. When you refer to your wife having some condition that prevents her from eating meat, we all wonder what that condition is and why does it make you skittish about meat. You're not pregnant. Third, what is with your writing style? Your first post was alright, except a little incomplete maybe, but when I read your second post, I thought you must be drinking a lot of wine with at chicken and rice. Then with subsequent posts I was wondering if English is not your first language, and you are using some kind of translation software that just isn't very good.

Please help us understand.

Fr
In all seriousness it seems u are most concerned with risk of contamination due to a pregnant wife. I remember when my wife was pregnant we were very cautious about that sort of thing. Over time I've become more comfortable handling and consuming meat that is cooked more on the rare side, especially wild game which is usually better cooked to medium or rarer. And every time I've had food poisoning it was produce bought at the store or a restaurant. But ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back