Finding the sweet spot

DaveHawk

It may take me some time but Saturday's opener in Va. After 4 years on this farm I have finally found the SWEET SPOT ! Although there are many sweet spots but none like Saturday evening hunt. I did some recon during the day looking for fresh scrapes and found a fresh scrap line that took me to this funnel I had no idea was there. about 70 yards to one side and 40 to the other. It was about 4:30 in the afternoon the precession started. 1st one doe and 15 minutes later 8 doe's then another 4 and 3 then 6 and so one through till dark. I counted 28 doe's and 20 were in bow range. Not one buck. I would have to move about 500 yards further into the woods towards the bedding area to see the bucks before dark. But I now have an ideal location for the rut next weekend.

It was not until I was in the tree that I noticed the drop off on the 70 yard side of the funnel which made the location so ideal.

My hunting buddies back home (SW Virginia) had some luck rattling in a few bucks last week. You may give that a try to move them off their beds early.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back