Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Finally! My first Pronghorn!!

bigbulls

I've never really had the opportunity to hunt antelope and after moving to Billings in March i knew Pronghorn would be my first priority. I drew a second choice tag in Wyo and drew the archery tag in MT. Due to work obligations I couldn't make it opening day in Wy but had yesterday and today to hunt. Dad and I Were so impressed with the amount of wildlife we saw, it was almost a shame to fill the tag and come home. The fun part was that we found areas to hike away from roads and we were almost always greeted with pronghorn. We didn't see any monsters, but for a second choice unit and not making it until the 5th day of season, we didn't expect to. I still have my MT tag in pocket and having a blast trying to get within bow range!! Btw-I have never been much of a rifle hunter. The last couple years I've spent a lot more range time honing skills, learning my gun, and building confidence. I took advantage of a rare Wy morning with no wind. Laying prone at 365 yards I drilled him right through the lungs. Felt 100% confident in the shot and although this might not be far to some, I was really proud of it!image.jpgimage.jpg

Congrats! I still have yet to get my first. I have 9 points now for Wyoming...maybe next year?!

Great job! That's a beautiful Pronghorn with a great looking trophy to boot- that's the longest cutter on his left "horn" that I've ever seen. My wife and I cooked up our first antelope tenderloin 2 nights ago and I can't believe how great it tasted! I'm hooked for life.

Oh, and congrats on the cool shed. I was looking the whole time I was out in WY, but never ran across one.

Thanks for all the positive replies! I'm pretty jacked about it!

Festus-That buck was killed in a second choice unit so I'm still building points! Tons of antelope around...ill keep trying to draw a premier unit and hunt every year for bucks like that one.

A-5- I have the worst luck with sheds...I'm always looking for them. This one was laying 10 yards from where my buck lay. I had to include it in the pics!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back