Female hunting clothing

Ndw06

My wife drew a southeast Alaska mountain goat tag. We are looking to upgrade her clothing from what she normally would wear hunting but most of the major hunting brands that I have looked at (badlands, Sitka , first lite) and few others didn't offer a woman clothes line. We have also looked at the cabelas brand clothing but in our experience it has not held up well We are currently looking at under armour gunpowder pants and jacket. she has first lite base layers. Has anyone had experience with these products or have any other ideas to look into. Thank you.

I had the same problem finding hunting clothing for my wife who is 5'2" and 110lbs and definitely can't wear a men's medium and probably not even a small. Sitka, Browning, Cabela's, and UA make a men's small First Lite and Kuiu only a medium. We ended up getting her good gore-tex gear in earth tones, which is probably fine for any rifle hunting. If you really need something in camo and are willing to dig deep in your pockets Arc'teryx Leaf line comes in xs which might work for your wife, warning that stuff makes sitka look reasonable in price. There are also a couple of female hunting companies like Prois, which probably be fine for a whitetail or elk day hunt but I wouldn't take their stuff backpacking especially if you are going to be getting really wet. Honestly I wouldn't worry about camo/patterns and focus on keeping your wife comfortable so she can hunt all day.

I know others that go the hiking gear route. Check REI, and sierra trading post. For what its worth my wife has really liked her cabelas outfither stuff but it has never been put to the test like what y'all will be doing.

REI hiking gear is the answer. Perhaps can find a men's camo outer jacket shell to help shed rain but the camp is more for us than fooling the animal. Avoid UV brighteners in the soap when wash your outdoor gear and you should be good to go whether camo or tan or brown or black.

She outdoors sizing runs small. The clothing works well, but my wife had to get a coat quite a bit bigger than her normal size to fit her nicely. But, the waterproof heavy jacket kept her warm and dry in cold rainy weather.

The First Lite women's line will be a unique and very nice offer for the females. They launch their new 2016 line in June/July I believe.

You can have your wife call and speak with Ali at First Lite. She could give some insight to the release date and answer any questions specific to the women's line if your wife has questions.

My wife has some of the first lite base layers and I can barely get her out of them lol. She wears them as pjs now they're so comfortable.

Thank you for all the feedback it is much appreciated. We have a lot more to research now. I am looking forward to posting pictures of her goat later this year agian thank you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back