Everyone ready for pronghorn?

Here are 2 more. I found these 2 months ago, and have been trying to find the one on the left ever since. Dont know where he went, but hopefully he'll be back in the next week or 2 so I can get a better look at him.
IMG_8019.jpg

Like many of you I haven't been out to scout yet, but I'm very stoked. I heard there were blinds up on the desert already......

I am in a mad race to get my new rifle ready for my NM hunt. Got the barrel yesterday, headspaced it, bedded it that day, today I got home, picked out all the clay and tape and screwed it together, mounted the scope, tossed some loads together and headed for the range to see how far I can go before pressure signs. Pissed off at the fact the 2 powders I used hit max load without pressure signs but the chrony quit working from low light.... but they seemed pretty good for velocity anyway from what I got about a grain short of max. Gonna load up some more Friday and head up to shoot the gong @ 300-500 yards to see how it groups. It is ugly, rough out of the mold stock and it will stay that way for the hunting season at least because of time.
Now I need to get that bow dialed in as well... 2 lope hunts in one week is going to be a rough one...
Miller you get that blind in the mail yet???

2 lope hunts in one week is going to be a rough one...

I feel your pain. 1 in Az and the other in WY. If I dont fill my tag in Az in the first 2 days, Wy is out. Dont have the time from work available with a bear and turkey hunt the first week of October.

7 Days! I'm sure they will side step my fire breathing 190 fps arrow from my LB.... but it may be fun anyhow!! I've seen several I'd be happy with, your typical 14 inchers that most you guys would scoff at!

E

Set up my blind today. Hopefully it doesn't blow or walk away over the next few days.

I need to pick up a couple doe tags tomorrow and would probably try to take this one out if she comes by. That leg is really impacting her health.
p1020788__large.jpg

How about this angle....ouch....:(
p1020793__large.jpg

I didn't really scout, but saw this guy in the area.
p1020781__large.jpg

Longest shot on the hole is right at 38 yards. I took a few shots at that distance and hope to have one stand broadside and give me a good shot.:D
p1020796__large.jpg

Schmalts, your blind came with Wisconsin stakes.:rolleyes: I will try to find some Montana stakes this week.:D

Sweet, i hope to trade those Montana stakes in for some Lope STEAKS in a couple weeks..

miller, that buck looks like he has decent mass. Maybe not much for prongs, though?

I went out to look for captain hook yesterday but didn't have any luck. I put a cam on one of his watering holes so hopefully I can get a pic of him before Friday. It didn't look like anything had been hitting the water.

Good luck to those that are heading out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back