Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Every hunt a success

BuckFeverBob

I was fortunate enough to draw a Nevada elk tag, so it only seems right to share a little info to the folks out here on Hunt Talk. Straight to the point…I did not harvest an elk, but I couldn’t have found a better place to spend a couple weeks in the fall. My crew and I spent 11 days driving, hiking and glassing the central Nevada Mountains, only to see very few elk. We had a lot of country to cover under very warm conditions. I know several others had success in the same units. Unfortunately, we didn’t see the number of elk that I had expected to see based on the amount of area we had covered and the time we had put into this hunt. I’m grateful to my brother-in-law, my brother and father for their time and effort in making this hunt “successful” so that I could spend some time in a part of the country that I love. We now have another story of a hunt to add to our catalog of Nevada hunts over the past 30+ years. Those stories are what matters most of all. Congrats to all those lucky enough to have success this year.
-Bob.
Bob's Hunt Nov 2017.jpg
Finishing up the hunt, Dirty Dicks Belmont Saloon
LtoR, Joe (Dad), Bob (me), Joseph (brother), and Mike (brother-in-law)

I think the success rate in that unit was very low this year. Beautiful country though.

Success can be measured in many ways, that is one of them, congrats!

ElkNut/Paul

Success on an adventure into Nevada's back country is right to the heart you've had. Family, friends, and the great outdoors hunting elk. A bull would had capped off a great adventure. I was asked this September by a guide I was using what my expectations were on the moose hunt I was on. My response was that I was on a hunt in the wilderness, not a high fence hunt and that I expected to see moose legal or not it's a hunt! She smiled a thanked me, she went on to tell me that A lot of hunters think when they book a hunt they are buying an animal! So Buckfeverbob, great attitude!

Memories last longer than backstraps. Glad you had a good time.

Success can be defined as shooting an animal every time you go on a hunt, or personably achieving something else that you’ve defined such as being w family or friends. If I defined success as shootin something every time I went out I would’ve given up years ago... ��

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back