NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Enviros vs. ranchers: Fat cats win

Paul, "They are doing what all good corporations are supposed to do." That's why we need strict regulations, because corporations like PC will do anything they think they can get away with in the name of "Maximizing return for shareholders",--- even break the law. They'll certainly exploit any loophole they can find and push the letter of the law to the limit. You gonna trust a company with the kinda ethics PC has? They have the worst reputation of any timber company I know of!

And you guys wonder why we have gummint regulations!!!
rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Elkchsr, your brilliance is really something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Buzz!!!
Why is it you can't come up with one decent post with out calling some one some thing, or just being nasty. I know some people get up on the wrong side of the bed once in a while, but you need to move yours so you can have a good day once in awhile...
tongue.gif

The last post I put up was confirming some of what you had said, I saw no malicious intent in it at all. I suppose when your eating sour grapes all the time, no matter what some say, even if in full agreement, it just plain hurts to much to realize when your heart is filled so full of hate and disrespect...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

WH!!!
If you read my post, instead of just babbling, you would have seen the reasons they are doing it. I know of PC ground in Wa. that they manage very well. I would venture a guess that they will be selling this ground after they get their timber off from it. Weyerhaeuser does it all the time, I've seen ground they own clear cut, and then a couple years later, there is a house or houses out in the middle of the mess...

W. H.,

With the Canadian tariff recently being upheld and low interest rates spurring demand, soft wood prices are good and Plum Creek is making money.

Like it or not, trees to them are a crop, just like corn is to a farmer. Don't cut it and risk losing it to bugs, disease, wild fire. Most if not all timber companies carry a lot of debt. They have been busy liquidating a lot of land recently trying to raise cash to pay down debt. Buy some land and manage it how you see fit.

Paul

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 02-03-2003 17:13: Message edited by: Paul C ]</font>

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back