Caribou Gear Tarp

Enjoy the Montana rifle opener!

joelweb

To all the Montana deer and elk rifle hunters: I hope everyone has a fun, safe and successful opening weekend. Please share photos. It's going to be a good month to come.

Wish I was there. First one I'll miss in a long time. Sometimes moving stinks. Good luck to all, and share your stories and pictures so I can at least live vicariously through you!

Good luck to everyone! Got my bull during archery so its full boar to get my girlfriend her first bull! hope everyone has a good opener

Good luck to everyone! Got my bull during archery so its full boar to get my girlfriend her first bull! hope everyone has a good opener

I wish I could say the same. Except the part about the girlfriend, my wife wouldn't appreciate that!!!
I set my rifle next to my pack this afternoon, id rather continue carrying my bow. But it's now time to put meat on the ground, the fun season has ended!!

Best of luck and quality shooting to everyone!

Drove down to Region 3 for the weekend opener. Hope it's successful for you guys.

Anyone want to harvest sugar beets for me and I'll go chase deer? ........... anyone? (crickets chirping)
Good luck to everyone, I really enjoy the hunt stories and photos you all share.

Well how was opening weekend for the Montana hunters? I covered a lot of ground in two days and got into elk this morning, but it was only spikes and cows. I did have a bull bulging/chuckling in front of me about 100-150 yards downslope, but a another hunter shot three times down in the drainage below and they quit bulging. There were several bulls checked in at the check station I went through.

Recovering from a cold... My pack felt like I had lead in it. Saw a couple cow elk but that was all. I couldn't stand being taunted by a chicken wantabe so I broke his neck with a TSX. Guess the old gun still shoots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back