Elkhorn 380-20 tag

I think the point is why were you chasing 5 bulls all around a mountain for a whole weekend? I doubt bear hunters etc would choose to chase 5 bulls all around the mountain for a whole weekend. It’s a tough tag to draw. So why chase bulls you can’t kill that others have waited years to legally hunt? Maybe there was 1 spike in the group? but it does lessen the quality of a le tag when everyone and their brother can do that. And unfortunately some do. I would be happy to draw the tag regardless of the circus.
Agreed.

Yes, two spikes running with them. One ended up being split, the other being smart. I think a spike euro looks cool, personally. Easy for the folks who’ve shot lots of big bulls to say, “IDK HOW ANYONE COULD SHOOT A SPIKE”

Until I draw, I might spend a weekend a season in there for a spike because it’s soooooo pretty and the elk act like they should. I was able to put a tag holder on 2 good bulls last season and i can’t wait to help again if possible.
I wouldn’t have been able to, if not for boots on the ground.
Can’t put boots on ground If everyone says bull hunters only…. 😂
What a ridiculous arguement.

Without editing, I’ll add: it’s not my effing fault if I’m on 5 bulls and the dudes with the tag can’t find ANY ELK… I’ve run into this argument in real life time and again also. If you haven’t seen elk, it’s not my fault. If you haven’t seen the mule deer, it’s not MY FAULT.

Put in for 2 decades to draw and need an otc hunter or worse, a chat group, to point the direction, GTFOH. 😂😂

Like I ain’t supposed to follow the elk.

DUUUHHH

A spike European would be cool, but not as cool as it would be if he were left to live for 6 more years. Just my opinion - to each their own.

You don’t have to draw an elk horns elk permit to kill a great adult bull elk.
You’re a perfect example of that. It’s not about what you know; it’s who ya know huh Kurt?

Tell you what; you show me the way of the samurai and we can load it on grandma Esther’s car and you can take allllllll the credit.

Like I said, easy for folks like you to say. I’ll take a spike in 380 if it presents the same way I’d take a bull in 301 if it presents. Different strokes, PAL

I’m a perfect example of what? What do I need to take all the credit for? I don’t know WTF you’re getting at.

Without editing, I’ll add: it’s not my effing fault if I’m on 5 bulls and the dudes with the tag can’t find ANY ELK… I’ve run into this argument in real life time and again also. If you haven’t seen elk, it’s not my fault. If you haven’t seen the mule deer, it’s not MY FAULT.

Put in for 2 decades to draw and need an otc hunter or worse, a chat group, to point the direction, GTFOH. 😂😂

Like I ain’t supposed to follow the elk.

DUUUHHH
I’ve seen the elk and the mule deer. I shot a spike once. have a good season

I’ve seen the elk and the mule deer. I shot a spike once. have a good season
I appreciate the diffusion. I mean absolutely no disrespect. I see both sides to the argument seriously, I do!

Good luck to you and have a great season, @Trap

You’re a perfect example of that. It’s not about what you know; it’s who ya know huh Kurt?

Tell you what; you show me the way of the samurai and we can load it on grandma Esther’s car and you can take allllllll the credit.

Like I said, easy for folks like you to say. I’ll take a spike in 380 if it presents the same way I’d take a bull in 301 if it presents. Different strokes, PAL
I hope you draw a elkhorns permit so you can get your 1st big bull, or spike, or cow, or whatever turns your crank.

I hope you draw a elkhorns permit so you can get your 1st big bull, or spike, or cow, or whatever turns your crank.
That might be the nicest thing I’ve ever read you say to anybody on hunttalk in the history of your existence here. I can’t believe you said it to me…

Both satire. The irony

I hope every private land honey hole you have denies your permission this year. I hope you shoot a forky and have to hide your shame because you love the deer meat but can’t be caught dead indulging in an opportunity for just meat.. (we all know you don’t care for the meat you just want trophys) I hope you draw a LE tag and find the moose or sheep just ain’t what they used to be.
Turns out, you can hope in one hand and you-know-what in the other… ain’t that right? 😂😂 good luck this season peckerweed. Funny how you hate on folks loading elk whole, but you can drive an old beater Buick to your elk spot and kill a 300” bull. Seems about the same in my eyes.

I’m bowing out. Don’t know shit about the elkhorns so I shouldn’t be commenting. Thanks for the well wishes foodismemories - I’m sure the 2023 season will be spectacular for you. I sure hope all my private land honeyholes pay out this fall.

God bless and may your 2023 season bounty be loaded whole in your big truck, Subaru, prius, Honda civic, etc

I’m bowing out. Don’t know shit about the elkhorns so I shouldn’t be commenting. Thanks for the well wishes foodismemories - I’m sure the 2023 season will be spectacular for you. I sure hope all my private land honeyholes pay out this fall.

God bless and may your 2023 season bounty be loaded whole in your big truck, Subaru, prius, Honda civic, etc
If you notice the same car following you around, call the cops. mtmuley

I hope every private land honey hole you have denies your permission this year. I hope you shoot a forky and have to hide your shame because you love the deer meat but can’t be caught dead indulging in an opportunity for just meat.. (we all know you don’t care for the meat you just want trophys) I hope you draw a LE tag and find the moose or sheep just ain’t what they used to be.
Turns out, you can hope in one hand and you-know-what in the other… ain’t that right? 😂😂 good luck this season peckerweed. Funny how you hate on folks loading elk whole, but you can drive an old beater Buick to your elk spot and kill a 300” bull. Seems about the same in my eyes.
🤡

Hey , If you get in now you should be out and fully recovered in time to hunt the elk horns for a spike come fall . #rehab#layoffthedrugs#

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back