MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ea. Wash. muzz. buck

Big O

First off- Love OYOA, what a great show. Definatley what it's all about in my mind.

I thought everyone would like to see the buck my 14 yr old nephew shot on Saturday.
We started out Wed. in 10 degree weather, not seeing much until Friday. The temps warmed up a little and I was able to connect with a smaller 4x3 meat buck about 10:30 am, he came into a grunt tube and stopped him at 50 yds.
Saturday came around and my nephew Gabe was ready to shoot a mulie doe. The area is open to w.t. 3 pt or better or does. We put an hour or so stalk on 6 does to under 100yds.....and clean miss. He was pretty bummed. He had tag soup last year so his finger was getting pretty itchy. He was really looking forward to a mulie doe.

Moved back to a whitetail spot mid-day and started seeing deer right away. Since I was tagged out, Chris(my brother in-law & main hunting partner) and I decided to split up, I would take Gabe with me. About 15 min. went by and this guy came to the grunt tube also, stopped at 22 yds. Lots of hollering and holy %^&$#'s after the smoke cleared from the 50 cal. Hell of a Buck for his second deer. I only hope to shoot one of those one day. Chris and I were happier that he got it than us (I think). That was one excited kid. A day we wont forget. I rough scored him at 167, but have never really had to do it before.

We did a ton scouting to narrow down our choices. Used Google Earth, maps and our legs. Basically hit 3 spots over and over, all PUBLIC LAND. A good bit of effort has paid off. Worked good for early elk with my muzz. in Wa.and 3 of us were lucky to take 3 bulls and 1 buck in MT in 2 days, lots of homework and effort on public land.

Anyway, love the site- hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 2010 Gabes deer 003.jpg
    2010 Gabes deer 003.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 2010 Gabes deer 010.jpg
    2010 Gabes deer 010.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 433
  • 2010 Gabes deer 023.jpg
    2010 Gabes deer 023.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 423
Whoa, that is a smoker buck for any hunter, anywhere. Congrats to Gabe and to you guys for getting him out in the field.

I love whitetails and long-tined wide-racked bucks like that make me drool.

Awesome buck. There sure are a lot of kids getting ruined by giant bucks this year. Good luck trying to top that one anytime soon. Congrats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back