DU or Delta Waterfowl?

Ducks Unlimited or Delta Waterfowl

• Ducks Unlimited

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Delta Waterfowl

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty easy choice for me, but I am biased. I chaired and/or co-chaired the Bozeman DU chapter for five years.

When I look at money on the ground, especially in the important areas of the Prarie Cotuea region, it is not even a question - Duck Unlimited.

DU has conserved over 11,000,000 acres. Yup, that is millions. That puts a lot of ducks in the sky.

And when you look at what % of their contributions goes to projects, there are no other conservation groups that can claim such a high percentage of money going to conservation. Not only is the dollar amount high, but so is the percentage. Good news for all of us.

Delta does good work also. I think it is just a difference in philosophy of how to increase the number of ducks in the air. Delta is not anywhere as large, so they cannot have as dramatic of an impact on the wetlands landscape. As such, the core costs to operate an organization, as a percent of revneues, are going to be higher in a small organization. Not Delta's fault, just a fact.

I am glad both of them exist. If you hunt, hopefully you will support one of them. In my case, DU has been almost family to me, so I vote for Ducks Unlimited.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back