Drew a MT 331-50 moose tag

What a sweet animal. Must have been an awesome experience having one of the few tags in that beautiful country. Congrats and thank you for sharing your hunt with us.

Sask hunter- the flavor is delicious but unfortunately he was an old bull and the meat is tough as nails. So the backstraps and loins are cube steak and the rest is a mountain of burger!

Congrats Coastie, I had a moose tag last year, spent about 30+ days looking for a good moose in a district I grew up hunting in. Saw 7 different bulls total, and none of them mature except maybe the one I saw without horns the last week of Nov. The district has been cut to only 1 tag now.

Sask hunter- the flavor is delicious but unfortunately he was an old bull and the meat is tough as nails. So the backstraps and loins are cube steak and the rest is a mountain of burger!

Same story with the one I killed this year.

Great bull, congrats!

He's a cool bull. Long points and double brows! Wolves have impacted most districts. "It is what it is", good job on a nice bull!

Yeah it's too bad that I couldn't have hunted all season but I only had two weeks off from work. Unfortunately the weather was in the mid 70's the first week causing the moose to bed down early and feed at night. I still believe the wolves are having a negative impact all around on big game but we all have to do our part in managing them. I couldn't be happier with him and my European mount is almost done!

IMG_4646.jpg The European mount is done and the beast is on the wall. I did the mount all myself so if anyone is attempting their own European and need help let me know. It's easy enough anyone can do it if you have patience and a strong stomach!

Has anyone had problems with their pictures uploading sideways? I can't figure out how to fix it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back