Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Dreams come true

You are an inspiration on so many levels. Congratulations on fulfilling a dream, and providing the opportunity for someone else to do the same!

Congrats! Life is too short not to give it a shot. Sounds like the three of you had an incredible hunt.

Awesome hunt Randy Congrats on the Sheep. I just started watching the hunt on youtube and I am excited to see all 9 days. It is easy to tell that going on a guided hunt bothered you so bad that you have to put the disclaimer that you had to use a guide every time you talk about the hunt. For as much as you have done for public lands, access issues, conservation, etc you owe no one an apology for playing by the laws and going on a dream hunt.

However maybe you can use your platform to start to advocate some law changes to Alaska and Wyoming to change the non-resident restrictions to hunt on public land? It is sad that sheep/goat hunting is a big money/guided hunt for non-residents unless you get lucky in a drawing. I feel like this is as big of an access issue as land locked public land and corner hopping.

However maybe you can use your platform to start to advocate some law changes to Alaska

Hunting of any kind in any land in Alaska is a privilege for non residents. Although it would be great if this could happen, a push to do so may be met with an equal push to keep us from hunting moose, caribou, bears, deer etc.

Wyoming on the other hand there might be hope.

Every year around application time, I write WFG and tell them I want to apply, but I’m not because I won’t pay a guide to hunt in their state. I do apply for their sheep tags but not deer elk. Maybe if a few thousand of us did this, they’d get the message. But not likely.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back