DIY muzzy for muley in Nebraska

Southwind

Hello gents,

I am considering a try for mule deer with muzzleloader in Nebraska. I have not started any research yet and thought I would try and tap some knowledge here to help maybe narrow my search.

If anyone has any experience and ideas and places I should consider in my research I would appreciate any help you can lend.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Look at the NW part of the state. Make sure you check the regs if you hunt the southern part of state. They have mule deer conservation areas that limit mule deer harvests. Lots of WMA's as well as NF and natl grasslands to choose from. I"ve seem mule deer in all of them. Pick up a public access atlas. It will have lots of good info on where you can hunt. Crawford, Ft Robinson, Chadron, McKelvie NF are all good places to hunt.

wyo556,

Thanks! Those are actually the four areas I was thinking about researching. If anyone else has any input please pipe in.

Thats a trip I've been considering for a couple years.All I've heard from people that go is the bucks can be scarce and alot of pressure.This is during the rifle season.They did say there are some great whitetails around though
I may give it a shot this year since I'll be in Mt for deer in Nov.No too far out the way to give it a go.The areas mentioned are the ones I've heard about.In the gas stations there, they give out public land maps.I'd grab one of those when your there

There are definitely mulies around the Chadron area as I went through there one evening last October heading down for NM on a ML hunt in the Gila.

The muzzy season runs the month of December and I'm thinking by mid month the pressure should have subsided and the deer will be concentrating on food sources. If I can get cooperation from the weather I might have a good hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back