Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

diy Ak. moose hunt

Yep... I only hunt with the bow. We fly out on the 10th thru the 22nd. Two big bulls are going down. I have three bowhunting buddys flying out on Aug 29th for caribou. Good luck on your hunt. Can't wait... Ed F

You guys are killing me. Wish I was going into the 40 mile country this coming fall.

Instead I have a Nelchina caribou tag. And a kodiak mt goat hunt in the works. And will probably go chase dall sheep. Thinking 2014 fly in for moose just south of the Yukon....

Beer's are on me this time Ed!!!

After that post and kick in the ribs... I'll gladly drink your beer. Lookin forward to it buddy.... I wanna see that ram too... Ed F

I have used Arrowhead Outfitters for Moose,Caribou and Dall Sheep. I have very successful with these guys and have used them on 3 different occasions. I am heading back again this fall on a Northern Brooks Range Caribou Hunt with my 2 sons. Howard is one of the best I the business and is an excellent Bush pilot. Knows when to fly and when NOT too.

The book "Hunt Alaska Now" by Dennis W. Confer was published in 1997 and bought my first copy in 1998. I enjoy this book and prefer it over several others that I've read addressing AK float hunts. It's worth the read even though it's 15 years old...

Less Than 30 Days...

Less than 30 days for Scott and I Ed, I'm going up a few days early to see my family and get groceries, etc. I can't wait!

Anybody want to do this moose hunt???I'm dying to get back there.I like to plan ahead so I hope someone pulls the trigger and goes.We will be hunting a place that's hard to describe but every hunter should see it.Trip of a lifetime for someone who really wants a moose

I would not recommend Willow Air Service. I had a very bad experience with them and I am a very easy guy to get along with. The hunting was Ok but the Air service was so bad the story is almost unbelievable. I have had fantastic experiences with Trail Ridge Air and Wright Aviation and Shadow Aviation. This year we are using Northern Trophy air in Kotz. They were highly recommended to me. The moose in my avatar was a DIY out of anchorage. We went 3 for 3 on 60+ inch bulls last year on a float hunt.

Last edited:
I would not recommend Willow Air Service. I had a very bad experience with them and I am a very easy guy to get along with. The hunting was Ok but the Air service was so bad the story is almost unbelievable. I have had fantastic experiences with Trail Ridge Air and Wright Aviation and Shadow Aviation. This year we are using Northern Trophy air in Kotz. They were highly recommended to me. The moose in my avatar was a DIY out of anchorage. We went 3 for 3 on 60+ inch bulls last year on a float hunt.

A few years ago I hunted above Kotzebue for barren ground caribou. Our transporter was We Guide Alaska. We didn't have any luck but the hunters using Northern Air were bringing a lot of great bulls in. Best of luck.

A few years ago I hunted above Kotzebue for barren ground caribou. Our transporter was We Guide Alaska. We didn't have any luck but the hunters using Northern Air were bringing a lot of great bulls in. Best of luck.

That is good news. A buddy of mine worked for them this year preparing capes,loading gear and such he said we would be well taken care of.

How much does this cost if a buddy and I wanted to go after a moose?
About 5500 each including the taxidermy. $ 4,000 without taxidermy. We traveled pretty light. one plane to get us in but three planes to get us out.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back