Deer hunting with Randy....

We ate good food....when the diner wasn't out of everything....But Gerald's elk loin was something to die for

A fine crew of hunting buddies...
motley crew.jpg

Last edited:
I'm supposed to be working today, but hard to when I'm waiting on the next installment. Gerald, congrats to Gareth on a nice fat deer. That oughta be some fine eating.

Congrats to young Gareth!

I think sometimes guys get too serious about their hunts. Not that it shouldn't be taken seriously, but if having fun isn't one of the reasons you do it then there's something wrong.

This is shaping up to be a good one..

This thread reminds me of a sheep hunt earlier this year. I hope this one doesn’t take a week to get to pic of a buck. I’m chomping at the bit to see those boys shoot a buck, especially a first buck.

Since I'm heading off the grid for a week, I'll post this now. I'll check in when I get back.

IMG_20171114_110202_790.jpg

So we drive up to this buck a bit and Randy says he's definitely branch antlered. That's all I needed to hear. We bail out of the truck and I get set up on my bipod. Randy ranges him for me...265 yards, uphill, slightly quartered to us. One shot from my Howa 30-06 with handloaded accubonds was all it took. We heard the thump and the buck's legs dropped out from under him. Whoo hoos and expletives and hugs erupt. We make our way up the hill....
buck.jpg
me and randy buck.jpg

One thing I had to promise about the trip is that I'd let Randy gut my deer...
randy gutting.jpg

Mule Deer faces are such a cool visage..nice buck John.

Good looking whitetail buck Randy.

Congrats to the young'n on his perfect first.

..thread has so much win.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back