Caribou Gear Tarp

Dead Idaho Deer.

I went to my go to spot, and got blanked .I'm hoping to try again next weekend, my blushing bride has a doe tag in 39, so if anyone's got a line to help her harvest her first animal, I'd sure appreciate it.

Passed on a dink at sunrise then climbed my rear off for 10.5 hrs....no excuses, just didn't get it done...yet.

got to the trailhead at 10 am saturday morning for a 5 mile motorcycle ride then a 2 mile hike to base camp. immediately out of the truck we heard wolves on one side of us howling and coyotes on the other side yipping back at them. On the way in my chain broke, had to run to Bellvue to get a new chain. ended up setting up base camp at 6 pm and was not able to get an evening glass. the next two days we only saw two pointers and a couple 19"ers. Opening morning was foggy as all get out but made for some great sights. All in all it was a great time and my season is still going.

Attachments

• CIMG0049.jpg
    CIMG0049.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 826
  • CIMG0041.jpg
    CIMG0041.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 805
  • CIMG0043.jpg
    CIMG0043.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 810
  • CIMG0045.jpg
    CIMG0045.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 806
We came across a group of 6 bucks--one was a shooter, but I couldn't close the deal. Headed back on Saturday to try again.

Going to wait for the whitetails to start rutting. I won't start until the first of Nov. Just going to kill chuckar and pheasant until the time comes.

a buddy and myself packed in and i shot this guy. i actually passed him up first thing in the morning and bumped into him again 2 hours later and about a mile away. this time he was running and didnt have much time to judge so took the shot. it was when i walked up to him that i realized that this was the buck i had passed. still happy with him tho.

my buddy watched a wolf swim across a high mountain lake. thought that was pretty cool for him to see.

Attachments

• 2010deerhunt 008small.jpg
    2010deerhunt 008small.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 709
  • 2010deerhunt 014small.jpg
    2010deerhunt 014small.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:
Nice buck Orion! only thing that would have been cooler for him to see was that wolf running out of swimming gas about halfway across:):)

Congrats, Orion. I expect some more big ID bucks to bite the dirt in the coming weeks.

a buddy and myself packed in and i shot this guy. i actually passed him up first thing in the morning and bumped into him again 2 hours later and about a mile away. this time he was running and didnt have much time to judge so took the shot. it was when i walked up to him that i realized that this was the buck i had passed. still happy with him tho.

my buddy watched a wolf swim across a high mountain lake. thought that was pretty cool for him to see.

I work in the same office as Brian. Small, small world.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back